Slow Cooker Corn Chowder is a comforting dish that’s easy to make. Serve with some crusty bread, this soup is a family favorite.
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Not only are they comforting, but many of the favorites that my family enjoys are also made in the slow cooker. You know that’s a win in my book! They can slow cook away all day long. At dinner time when you’ve hopefully accomplished a ton from your to-do list, you can sit down and actually enjoy a homecooked meal.
I’ll list some of my favorite slow cooker soups and stews below so be sure to scroll all the way down after you’ve drooled over this newest addition to our collection. Slow Cooker Corn Chowder is loaded with taste and is simple to prepare. You can easily customize this soup to suit the tastes of your family, can’t beat that.
What ingredients do you need to make this soup?
- Red potatoes
- Chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
- Half and Half
- Garnish: green onions & cheddar cheese
Some tips that will help along the way:
- Yellow onion can be used instead of red onion.
- In a super hurry? Use a bag of frozen diced hash brown potatoes instead of chopping the red potatoes.
- Another in a hurry time-saver for you. Costco sells a huge bag of real bacon pieces that really are perfect for mixing into soups.
- A touch of sour cream on top is tasty also.
- You can certainly add in additional seasonings based on preferences: dried rosemary, dried thyme, red pepper flakes, sriracha.
Simple steps to make this dinner a reality:
Add the potatoes, onion, corn, chicken broth, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
Whisk together half and half and the cornstarch.
Pour into the soup, stir to combine completely. Place the lid back onto the slow cooker and cook for approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour until slightly thickened.
Stir the cooked and crumbled bacon into the soup before serving. Garnish with sliced green onions and cheddar cheese if desired.
Other tasty slow cooker soups to enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden copycat recipe)
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Corn is amazing, give these recipes a try too: