Creamed Corn Corn Muffins ~ Looking to give those ordinary corn muffins a boost? A tasty addition to dinner, with soups, stews or chili.
My oldest daughter’s school held a chili cook-off in the fall and I was, ahem, “volunteered” to bring corn muffins. I needed a quick recipe and reached for my ever-reliable Jiffy corn muffin mix. But I didn’t want to rely on just the mix — and I wanted to ensure my muffins were moist and not crumbly. An online search quickly revealed that adding creamed corn to cornbread mix, along with some sour cream, would yield the type of corn muffins I was striving for. And that is how Creamed Corn Corn Muffins were borne.
This adaptation rendered moist, golden muffins … and I received compliments from a parent whose mother makes THE best corn muffins. Mine was a close second to Mom’s, apparently. 😉
My girls can be lukewarm when it comes to the usual cornbread, but they gobbled up these yummy muffins without the least bit of the “Do I hafta?” resistance that kids are famous for at the dinner table.
Creamed Corn Corn Muffins are great alongside chili or your favorite warm-you-up soup. ENJOY!
- 2, 8.5 oz. packages of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 14.75 oz. can of creamed corn
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir till just combined; batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Line muffin pan with liners (or lightly grease cups if not using liners).
- Pour batter in cups till two-thirds full.
- Bake in 350° oven for 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Looking for meal ideas to pair with Creamed Corn Corn Muffins?