In the mood for an easy fall treat? Try these Slow Cooker Baked Apples! Delicious served with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream! The perfect autumn dessert!
Slow Cooker Baked Apples
As soon as fall rolls around I start thinking of all the yummy fall treats I can make. I really love fall and all that it offers!The apple treats, the pumpkin treats, plus it’s not too hot to bake anymore. Yay! The flavors just lend themselves to all sorts of baked goods.
Slow Cooker Baked Apples are the perfect autumn treat. An easy dessert, that will have your home smelling fall-tastic! Not sure if that’s a word, but it is definitely a scent!
What ingredients do you need to make Slow Cooker Baked Apples?
- Brown Sugar
- Dried Cranberries
- Ground Cinnamon, Cloves & Ginger
Some tips for making Slow Cooker Baked Apples:
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- No dried cranberries? Use raisins or golden raisins.
- Add in chopped pecans if desired.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Simple steps for making Slow Cooker Baked Apples:
In a small bowl combine: brown sugar, dried cranberries, and spices. Mix together.
Core the apples and peel apple peel off the top of the apple to avoid cracking. Place into slow cooker sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Spoon mixture into cored apples, packing well. Sprinkle any remaining mixture over top of the apples. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low 4-6 hours.
Allow to cool prior to serving. Spoon liquid over apples and serve with a topping of choice.
Even more great autumn desserts to try:
- 4 large baking apples
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Core the apples, peel just the top 1/2 in of the apple. (This should help the apples not split).
- Place the apples in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, dried cranberries, and spices.
- Spoon into the cored apples, packing the mixture in. Sprinkle any leftover over the apples.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.