Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole combines some of fall’s best flavors in a delicious dessert. With a crumbly oat topping, this is a great autumn dish.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole
Welcome to my very last recipe of #AppleWeek 2018! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed bombarding our feed with brand spanking new apple recipes. It has been one delicious week, to say the least.
If you happened to miss my first three recipes in #AppleWeek, I’ll list them here for you:
Don’t forget to scroll all the way down so you can browse more apple recipes from fellow bloggers.
My very last addition to #AppleWeek 2018 is Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole! Yes, a fruity casserole! Now before I get emails telling me casseroles have to have cheese…I would agree but to be honest I’m not really a conformist.
When looking at different fruity recipes I kept seeing a southern holiday and potluck favorite that was referred to as a “casserole”. In the south, they know their casseroles and potluck recipes, who am I to disagree.
The recipes that I adapted my version from ranged vastly. I finally settled on what I knew my family would enjoy and went with what became Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole, and my kids went nuts over it, so I think I did well.
In my version, I combined both fresh apples, canned apple pie filling, canned cranberry sauce, and fresh cranberries. The variety of textures is great, and there’s a nice sauciness from the canned fruits.
As for the crumbly part, it is a mixture of butter, vanilla, oats and brown sugar. When baked it adds just the right crispness to this dish. I’ve read that many serve this alongside their holiday ham or turkey.
Personally, we enjoyed it more as a dessert than a side dish. BONUS, if you eat it as dessert you can obviously add ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Some of the delicious ingredients and kitchen implements I used were provided as part of #AppleWeek. Thanks to Rodelle Vanilla, Swiss Diamond and Flavahan’s Irish Oatmeal. Combined with the fruity ingredients, they each helped me create a delicious finale to #AppleWeek 2018.
Some tips for making Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole:
- Whole Cranberry Sauce or Jellied Cranberry Sauce will work.
- I used frozen cranberries, fresh is great too.
- Use 2 knives or a pastry cutter to combine the topping ingredients.
- Cut the canned apple pie filling pieces into smaller chunks.
Don’t forget to scroll all the way down to see the list of today’s other participating #AppleWeek blogger recipes!
Other great recipes with apples:
Easy Apple Dumpling | Baking Beauty
Apple Fritters | Lovefoodies
Apple Hand Pies | Cooking on the Front Burner
Optional: serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Optional: serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Apple, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Bakewell Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Slaw by Simple and Savory
- Apple Cinnamon Baklava by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cinnamon Sprinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Cream Pie with Oatmeal Crust by Savory Moments
- Apple Crisp Pie by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Pie Crepes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Snack Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Apple Donuts with Oatmeal Crumble Topping by Girl Abroad
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Doughnuts by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Braised Chicken with Apples by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buttery Apple Streusel Thumbprint Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Gingerbread Cakelets by The Monday Box
- Caramel Apple Stuffed Waffles by 4 Sons R Us
- Caramel Apple Vodka Slushie by Everyday Eileen
- Caramel Drizzled Apple Pie Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Chai Apple Multigrain Pancakes by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Chai-Spiced Baked Apple Oatmeal by The Redhead Baker
- Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole by Who Needs a Cape
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Gingered Apple Trifles by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Individual Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Instant Pot Applesauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marlborough Apple Custard Pie by Karen’s Kitchn Stories
- Maple Apple Crisp by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Overnight Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal by Tip Garden
- Prairie Apple Crunch by Family Around the Table
- Ricotta Tart with Apples and Prosciutto by Cooking With Carlee
- Shaved Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Apple Charlotte Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Love and Confections
- Vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls by The Baking Fairy
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.