This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Savory Apple Sausage Balls make the perfect party food! With a touch of apple and cheddar, this appetizer is great for the holidays and game day!
Savory Apple Sausage Balls
So happy to have you back for my second recipe addition to #Appleweek 2019! With so many great flavors to enjoy during the fall season, I know I need lots of apple recipe and I’m sure you do also.Find my other #Appleweek recipes listed below:
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake
- Spiced Applesauce Cookies
- Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs
- Apple Cider Tea Latte
FIND THE GIVEAWAY >>> HERE
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM FOR ALL PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS
Yesterday’s recipe was a sweet treat, today we’re enjoying a savory recipe. Perfect for any gathering, the holiday season or game day you’ll love Savory Apple Sausage Balls.
I’m sure you’ve had traditional Sausage Balls at a party. Seriously, they are my husbands favorite. He always suggests them when I need to make an appetizer.
Savory Apple Sausage Balls take regular sausage balls to a whole new level of delicious! Add in some apple and there’s a touch of sweet that makes this snack time favorite so good.
I used such a fantastic apple in this recipe! Have you tried the Envy apple? If not you must! It is a wonderful apple variety that has a great flavor which makes it the ideal apple for fall baking and cooking. Click HERE to find out more!
What ingredients do you need to make Savory Apple Sausage Balls?
- Baking mix
- Breakfast sausage
- Cheddar cheese
Some tips for making Savory Apple Sausage Balls:
- Use parchment paper on your baking tray for easy cleanup.
- If you like spicier recipes, add in some red pepper flakes.
- I used a 1″ scoop. This recipe made approximately 5 dozen balls.
- If desired serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Simple steps for making Savory Apple Sausage Balls:
Place baking mix, cheddar cheese, and pork in a large bowl.
Add in shredded apple. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Use a scoop and place balls on prepared pan.
Place in oven and cook approximately 12-14 minutes.
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups apple, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Place baking mix, breakfast sausage, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Add shredded apple to bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using scoop make balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 12-14 minutes until no longer pink in the center.
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Snickerdoodles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies by Savory Moments
- Buttery Apple Cider Tea-Infused Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Caramel Apple S’Mores by Palatable Pastime
- Cider Tea Infused Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cozy Apple Cupcakes with Easy Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking with Carlee
- Easy Apple Strudel by Cookaholic Wife
- Homemade Apple Cider by Tip Garden
- Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oats by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Apple Burgers by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Savory Apple Sausage Balls by Who Needs a Cape?