Savory Apple Sausage Balls make the perfect party food! With a touch of apple and cheddar, this appetizer is great for the holidays and game day!
This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsor’s Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Savory Apple Sausage Balls
So happy to have you back for my second recipe addition to #Appleweek 2019! With so many great flavors to enjoy during the fall season, I know I need lots of apple recipes and I’m sure you do also.Find my other #Appleweek recipes listed below:
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM FOR ALL PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS
Yesterday’s recipe was a sweet treat, today we’re enjoying a savory recipe. Perfect for any gathering, the holiday season, or game day you’ll love Savory Apple Sausage Balls.
I’m sure you’ve had traditional Sausage Balls at a party. Seriously, they are my husband’s favorite. He always suggests them when I need to make an appetizer.
Savory Apple Sausage Balls take regular sausage balls to a whole new level of delicious! Add in some apple and there’s a touch of sweetness that makes this snack time favorite so good.
I used such a fantastic apple in this recipe! Have you tried the Envy apple? If not you must! It is a wonderful apple variety that has a great flavor which makes it the ideal apple for fall baking and cooking. Click HERE to find out more!
What ingredients do you need to make Savory Apple Sausage Balls?
- Baking mix
- Breakfast sausage
- Cheddar cheese
Some tips for making Savory Apple Sausage Balls:
- Use parchment paper on your baking tray for easy cleanup.
- If you like spicier recipes, add in some red pepper flakes.
- I used a 1″ scoop. This recipe made approximately 5 dozen balls.
- If desired serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Simple steps for making Savory Apple Sausage Balls:
Place baking mix, cheddar cheese, and pork in a large bowl.
Add in shredded apple. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Use a scoop and place balls on the prepared pan.
Place in oven and cook approximately 12-14 minutes.
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups apple, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Place baking mix, breakfast sausage, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Add shredded apple to bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using scoop make balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 12-14 minutes until no longer pink in the center.
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Snickerdoodles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies by Savory Moments
- Buttery Apple Cider Tea-Infused Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Caramel Apple S’Mores by Palatable Pastime
- Cider Tea Infused Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cozy Apple Cupcakes with Easy Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking with Carlee
- Easy Apple Strudel by Cookaholic Wife
- Homemade Apple Cider by Tip Garden
- Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oats by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Apple Burgers by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Savory Apple Sausage Balls by Who Needs a Cape?