Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake is the easiest dessert to make! Full of fall flavors, you’ll love the smell and taste of this comforting recipe.
This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake
Welcome to #Appleweek 2019! An entire week of deliciousness dedicated to one of the best flavors of autumn, the apple. This week I’ll be debuting some new and amazing recipes using apples, both in sweet and savory form.Find my other #AppleWeek recipes listed below:
- Savory Apple Sausage Balls
- Spiced Applesauce Cookies
- Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs
- Apple Cider Tea Latte
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM FOR ALL PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS
One of the best things about fall would be all of the fantastic scents! All of the scents seem to blend so wonderfully together especially in the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake is my first recipe for #Appleweek and it is so easy to make. If you love your slow cooker as I do, you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a whirl.
What I love about an easy slow cooker dessert such as Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake is smelling it cook. My house smelled so good!
This is perfect to throw together on a Sunday afternoon to have ready after Sunday dinner. It takes roughly 3 hours to “cook” in a crockpot.
Of course, when you make a “cake” in your slow cooker it isn’t a traditional cake. I’m pretty certain you won’t care what its called, it is yummy and that’s all that matters.
One of the amazing flavors in this tasty treat is vanilla. But not just any vanilla, I used Taylor & Colledge Organic Vanilla Bean Paste in this recipe. I adore the no-mess tube, what a true convenience! I’m definitely going to be adding a tube to my RV kitchen, much less messy than a bottle. Definitely check out the website, they have a lovely selection of pastes.
What ingredients do you need to make Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake?
- Apple Slices
- Brown Sugar
- Spice Cake Mix
Some tips for making Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake:
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- I used frozen cranberries.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Simple steps for making Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake:
Place sliced apples in the bottom of a prepared slow cooker.
Top with cinnamon and brown sugar.
Stir ingredients together to combine.
Pour contents of boxed spice cake mix over fruit.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for approximately 3 hours.
- 2 cups apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package Spice Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apple slices in the prepared slow cooker.
- Top with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add in cranberries.
- Add in vanilla. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top with Spice Cake Mix.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on high approximately 3 hours.
- Apple Crumb Pie by Savory Moments
- Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Filled Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple-Toffee Oatmeal Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Bada Bing Bada Boom: The Easiest Caramel Apples Ever by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Apple Donuts with Caramel Glaze by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Braised Chicken and Apples by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls by Cooking with Carlee
- Caramel Apple Scones by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Slices with Ginger Cookie Sprinkles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Butterscotch Magic Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice by Snacks and Sips
- Crockpot Caramel Apple Crisp by Tip Garden
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Oatmeal Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Oatmeal Fruit Bars by The Monday Box
- Old-Fashioned Apple Fritters by Palatable Pastime
- Overnight Hazelnut Apple Oatmeal by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake by Who Needs a Cape?
- Vanilla Fried Apples by Caroline’s Cooking
- Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup by The Baking Fairy