Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, a tasty fall treat loaded with great flavors. Tender cookies and a chai tea infused frosting make a delicious dessert.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with PumpkinWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Guess what we’re celebrating this week? Actually, we’re celebrating 3 amazing things around here at Who Needs A Cape? and they are all fantastic.
- Fall is arriving!!! Yay!!!
- #PumpkinWeek is finally here!
- We’re turning 6 this week! Yes, it is our 6-year Blogiversary this week and we couldn’t be happier to be here sharing our little place on the web with all of our followers. Thank you for joining us on the journey!!!
Today though we’re all about the arrival of #PumpkinWeek!!! This is my first time participating in this delicious event with our blogging peers, I’m so excited to share in all the fun. So here we go!
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek 2018 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! This year is even bigger and better than ever with a giveaway! Thirty-nine bloggers from around the country are showcasing their best pumpkin dishes.
Get ready for Fall with over 130 pumpkin recipes throughout the week including cocktails, main courses, pizzas, pastas, pastries, breads, muffins, and plenty of desserts! Our PumpkinWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes.
Let me introduce our first recipe in #PumpkinWeek 2018. Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are my favorite new fall treat, holy cow my friends they are DELISH!
I absolutely adore pumpkin, oatmeal and Chai tea…and bringing all of these flavors together is simple perfection. The cookies are full of pumpkin flavor, spices, oats and Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar. The frosting adds just the subtle amount of Chai tea scrumptiousness which sets these cookies over the top.
My kids devoured these cookies and requested more, they are that good. I’ll be making them frequently all the way through the holiday season and you should too. Now be sure to enter the giveaway and stay tuned for another pumpkin recipe debuting on Wednesday. Happy fall ya’ll!!! Scroll down for today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes!
Some tips for making Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies:
- I used a 1/2″ cookie scoop which makes a smaller bite-sized treat.
- Store in a covered container after making.
- If you need the frosting to set up quickly once you’ve frosted the cookies, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- 1/2 butter, softened
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Chai Spice black tea bag
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, add in vanilla and egg and mix well.
- In separate bowl combine: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into butter mixture until blended. Add in oats until combined.
- Using small cookie scoop, place batter onto prepared baking sheets. Bake approximately 12-15 minutes depending on size.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely prior to frosing.
- FOR FROSTING: In a microwave safe bowl combine butter and milk, microwave approximately 30 seconds until butter is melted. Add tea bag to milk and butter mixture. Allow tea bag to steep in mixture 5 minutes. Squeeze excess liquid from tea bag and disard.
- Into tea mixture mix vanilla extract and powdered sugar until a smooth consistency is reached. You may need to add a bit more milk to thin reach the right consistency.
If you prefer a larger cookie, use a larger cookie scoop. Cook time may need to be adjusted. I frosted my cookies and popped them into the fridger for a few minutes to allow frosting to set up quicker.
Find this recipe and more at Meal Plan Monday
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Cold Brew Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte from The Nifty Foodie
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Cider from The Crumby Kitchen
The Great Pumpkin Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce from House of Nash Eats
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Harvest Pumpkin Soup from Everyday Eileen
Pumpkin & Sausage Pizza from Hardly A Goddess
Pumpkin Carbonara with Fried Sage from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Chili from The Chef Next Door
Pumpkin Gnocchi from Platter Talk
Pumpkin Quiche from Jonesin’ For Taste
Stuffed Pumpkin from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Taiwanese Pumpkin Rice Noodles from Caroline’s Cooking
Baked Goods & Desserts:
Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from Who Needs A Cape?
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Skillet Cookie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Chocolate Pumpkin Dump Cake from For the Love of Food
Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Classic Pumpkin Roll from Cookaholic Wife
Glazed Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from Family Around the Table
Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes from Tip Garden
Make-Ahead Pumpkin-Chai Egg Bites from Wholistic Woman
No Bake Pumpkin Cookies from Seduction In The Kitchen
Pumpkin Cake Pops from The Beard and The Baker
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ebelskiver from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Pumpkin Cookie Bars from Eat Move Make
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pumpkin Noodle Kugel from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Pumpkin Pie Pull Apart Muffins from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from The Mandatory Mooch
Pumpkin Spice Latte Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes from April Golightly
Pumpkin Spice Popovers from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Simple Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cooking with Carlee
Disclaimer: Thank you PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The PumpkinWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Three (3) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The PumpkinWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the PumpkinWeek posts or entry.