This post and recipe were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars are a simple dessert great for lunches, potlucks or BBQ’s. With just a few basic ingredients you’ll have a great baked treat.
Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars
Welcome back to #SummerDessertWeek, one of the most delicious weeks of the entire year! I’m loving all the sweet treats we’ve been introduced to through this great event, I hope you are also.We’ve been back and forth away from home camping this summer. Which means many times I’m using the kitchen in our motorhome which is itty-bitty and lacks a few things including an actual oven. I skip the baking when we’re camping and save that for when we’re back home.
One thing I do before each camping trip is to bake a couple of simple treats to enjoy during our trips. Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars are a dessert I whipped up for our most recent trip.
Remember one of my dessert goals for this event was a portable dessert? Well, Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars definitely are portable and easy to make too.
I adore lemon flavor in desserts, and I usually use fresh lemon. But, as I mentioned we’ve been back and forth a lot in between camping trips. This means I don’t have a lot of my staple items on hand, including lemons.
No worries, I used Lemon Extract from Adam’s Extract and it gave these bars just the right amount of lemon flavor. I have a large variety of Adam’s Extracts on hand which is perfect for when inspiration hits me.
Not only are these bars simple to prepare, once they are done I can easily pack them up for an upcoming camping trip. My family loves them and they make a great addition to our camping menus.
What do you need to make Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars?
- Refrigerated sugar cookies
- Lemon Extract
- Raspberry Preserves
- Powdered Sugar
Some tips for making Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars:
- Line pan with aluminum foil for easy removal.
- I used a large fork to break apart the roll of cookie dough.
- Seedless jam will work too.
- In a hurry? Refrigerate after glazing to set up quickly.
- Like more fruit? Increase the amount to 3/4 cup.
My other #SummerDessertWeek recipes in case you missed them:
Need even more dessert inspiration? Check these recipes out!
Base & Crumble
- 16 oz roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
Line 8x8 pan with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
Place cookie dough in mixing bowl, break apart.
Add in flour and Lemon extract. Mix to combine.
Press 1¼ cups into bottom of prepared pan. Reserve remaining mixture.
Parbake crust for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Mix together raspberry preserves and lemon extract.
Spread raspberry preserve mixture over top of parbaked crust.
Crumble remaining dough mixture in pieces over top of raspberry preserve layer.
Return to oven and bake an additional 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven allow to completely cool.
In small bowl whisk together: powdered sugar, milk and lemon extract.
Drizzle glaze over top of cooled bars.
Allow glaze to harden before cutting.
Find this recipe and others at the Weekend Potluck!
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summertime event is filled with some downright amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summertime sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Granita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Key Lime Pie-sicles from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Beach Cake from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear’s Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Frosted Cookie Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie’s Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings