Lemon Crumb Loaf has a fresh lemon flavor, crumb topping and finished off with a glaze. So delicious, a wonderfully baked loaf great for dessert or breakfast!
Lemon Crumb Loaf
So excited about this post! We have so many blogger friends out there in blogger-world (yes, that’s a technical term, hee hee), and once in a while we gather together and do something fun like this FREAKY FRIDAY recipe swap! Within this group, we were all assigned a blogger and from their site, we were to choose a recipe and remake it for our website.
I was assigned to Stephie Cooks, I knew instantly that choosing a recipe from her site might prove challenging just because everything looks fabulous and sounds so good! If you aren’t familiar with Stephie, she’s a spunky gal who loves shoes, cooking, and life, you’re gonna love her!
I’ll be honest I was torn between a couple of recipes from her site, and once you start browsing you’ll completely understand. I was really tempted to make her Spiked Mexican Hot Chocolate, I mean it is winter and I am freezing and well, Tequila…hello, that’s magical stuff. But then I stumbled on her Peanut Butter Cake which had me hook, line & sinker.
In the end, though, I chose to make Stephie’s Lemon Crumb Loaf, I chose this for a couple of reasons. I love the fresh zing of lemon in desserts, it makes me think of sunny days and warm weather which I desperately could use a dose of and because of the crumb topping, who can resist a crumb topping, not this lady! And Ta-da…I present to you Lemon Crumb Loaf!
This turned out so yummy, my oldest daughter proclaimed that she would eat the entire loaf. And I will, in turn, say that I partook of this for after dinner snack and with coffee mid-morning, so it works any time of the day!
It isn’t overly sweet, has a nice zing from the lemon and is easy to prepare, you’re gonna love it just as much as we did! I thank Stephie for sharing such a wonderful recipe and do encourage you to stop over and try some of her lovely creations!
Other great recipes from Freaky Friday events:
For the bread:
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 5-oz can evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
For the topping:
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to °350 degrees. Spray 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk evaporated milk, oil, lemon zest and eggs until combined. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture; stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle top of batter with crumb topping. Bake 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool bread thoroughly prior to glazing.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle evenly over fully cooled bread with a fork.
Recipe originally found at: Stephie Cooks
Find this recipe and more at Meal Plan Monday!