This post and recipe were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Creamy Peach Pie Delight is a wonderfully simple dessert that’s perfect for parties. Just a few ingredients blend into a sensational tasty fruity treat.
Creamy Peach Pie Delight
Welcome to one of the most delicious weeks of the entire year, #SummerDessertWeek! Summertime is the perfect time to add some new sweet treats into your life. There are all sorts of opportunities to enjoy sweet treats during the summer: picnics, BBQ’s, potlucks, graduation parties, the list goes on and on.During the hot summer months, I try hard to make recipes that only require a short amount of oven time. I’m not a fan of heating the kitchen and my entire house up more than necessary, even for desserts.
When thinking of what I wanted to make for my 4 recipes for this event, I decided upon fruity, chocolatey, frozen and portable. Fruity because…well summer and fruits just pair perfectly. Chocolatey because…well, have you met me? I enjoy chocolate, end of story. Frozen because…hello summer heat is icky and frozen treats rock my world. And portable because…we all have functions to attend and need a sweet treat to bring along.
Today I’m sharing a great dessert, Creamy Peach Pie Delight which fits the bill under fruity and portable and also under the DELISH category. First off, it isn’t in traditional “pie form” so don’t let that throw you, trust me on this, you won’t care.
Secondly, this is an uncomplicated dessert. A true potluck favorite, just the right amount of unfussy sweetness ideal for parties. The base/crumble topping whip up in just a minute. Open a large can of peaches, drain them really well and chop. Beat up a simple cheesecake filling and that’s it. Assemble, bake and enjoy!
Creamy Peach Pie Delight is the perfect dessert for those unexpected invites. You know the ones, the call/text comes for a BBQ or a pool party and you need to bring dessert. Whip this dessert up in no time, chances are you have all of the ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry.
This dessert is made in a 13×9 pan, so it is completely portable and great for a group. I used a fun pan from Wilton which is perfect for bringing to potlucks and BBQ’s. You can find the Wilton Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13×9 pan HERE.
Wilton has the BEST selection of great items for all of your baking/decorating needs. I’m always amazed that they have EXACTLY what I need.
What do you need to make Creamy Peach Pie Delight?
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Canned Peaches
Some tips for making Creamy Peach Pie Delight:
- Drain the peaches really well, save the reserved liquid and add it to beverages. YUM!
- Cut the slices with 2 knives in a bowl, so easy.
- Substitute Almond Extract for Vanilla Extract, it tastes great with peaches.
- White cake mix can be substituted for Yellow.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream if desired.
My other #SummerDessertWeek recipes in case you missed them:
Base & Crumble Topping
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 29 oz can sliced peaches, drained & cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray 13x9 pan with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In large bowl using electric mixer combine: yellow cake mix, butter and egg.
Mixing until crumbles form. Reserve 1½ cups.
Press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Thoroughly drain peaches, using 2 knives cut into 1" pieces in a bowl.
Spoon cut peaches onto prepared base.
In large bowl with electric mixer combine: cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well.
Add egg and mix until smooth and creamy.
Spoon cheesecake filling over top of peaches.
Sprinkle reserved crumble topping over cheesecake filling.
Return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes until crumble topping is lightly golden.
Allow to cool before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summertime event is filled with some downright amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summertime sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food