Cranberry Peanut Butter Bars are an easy to make dessert that combine great flavors. Perfect for the holiday season, you’ll love them for dessert.
Cranberry Peanut Butter Bars
Cranberry season is one of my favorite times of the year. There’s just so much to love, from desserts to drinks to savory dips. I look forward to all sorts of delicious cranberry creations every year.
I also enjoy adding one or two new cranberry recipes for my holiday menus. Last year I made Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies, which were a huge hit. This year I decided to go a different direction.
Cranberry Peanut Butter Bars are a great way to enjoy the taste of cranberries in dessert bar form. With a simple mixture containing oats, you form a base layer. Next comes the cranberry layer.
The cranberry layer can be made with either fresh or frozen cranberries. If you aren’t keeping a bag of frozen cranberries in your freezer, I highly recommend that you pick one up. You can use them year round, and have them on hand when you need just a few for garnishes etc.
Next, the top is another oat layer to form a crumbly topping. The oat mixture has peanut butter chips mixed in, which gives these dessert bars a great touch of peanut butter which blends nicely with the tart cranberry flavor.
Some tips for making Cranberry Peanut Bars:
- Line pan with parchment paper if you’d like to remove easily for cutting.
- Cranberry mixture will be very liquid after cooking, it will soak into the base layer.
- Cool bars in the refrigerator for easier cutting.
- Store bars in a resealable container after cutting.
Other amazing desserts perfect for fall:
Other great cranberry recipes to try:
Cranberry Brie Bites | Snacks and Sips
Cranberry Orange Sauce | Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
Cranberry Cheesecake Martini | Who Needs A Cape?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray 8x8 square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper if desired.
- Beat butter and sugars together until fluffy. Stir together: flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture until course crumbs are formed. Stir in peanut butter chips. Reserve 1.5 cups for topping.
- Firmly press remaining mixture into bottom of pan, bake 15 minutes or until set.
- In medium saucepan combine cranberries, light corn syrp and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract. Spread cranberry mixture over top of baked bottom layer.
- Sprinkle reserved oat mixture crumbs over the top, return to over and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely prior to serving.