This post and recipe were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert is the PERFECT summertime treat! So easy to make, use your favorite toppings. A definite family favorite, you’ll love it.
Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
I just checked the weather app on my phone and let me tell you it is gonna be HOT the next couple of weeks. Better believe I’ll be finding ALL ways to keep cool!We don’t just get heat here in Michigan we get the dreaded humidity too. Just comes with the territory…we are nearly surrounded by water here in the Great Lakes State.
With all the delicious treats found throughout #SummerDessertWeek, I’m extra glad to be presenting my final dessert. A scrumptious frozen treat that will leave you wanting a second serving.
Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert is a layered sensation that is as simple as unwrapping ice cream sandwiches and adding some additional toppings. Yup, I don’t mess around, easy and yummy!
Circling back to my original thoughts when we began #SummerDessertWeek, I needed: chocolatey, frozen, portable and fruity. This one lacks fruity but makes up in the yum department.
There are countless versions of ice cream sandwich desserts online. I chose to keep it simple and add flavors that my kids would enjoy. I bought regular ice cream sandwiches, used chocolate and caramel topping, chopped Reese’s Pieces, Cool-whip, mini chocolate chip morsels.
The fun pop of color I added comes from a great sprinkle mixture from Sweets & Treats Boutique. I love the selection on their website, you will ALWAYS find a sprinkle, or two or three to add to your collection. The one I used on this dessert is Neon Glow. Fun, right?
What do you need to make Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert?
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Reese’s Pieces
- Mini chocolate chip morsels
Some tips for making Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert:
- I used an 8×8 pan for 6 servings. If you need a larger amount, use a 9×13 with additional ingredients.
- Keep ice cream sandwiches in the freezer until ready to assemble. I place unwrapped ice cream sandwiches in the pan to lay out how I will assemble the layer.
- I assembled in two stages: one layer, sauces, and Reese’s Pieces then popped into the freezer for an hour before finishing with additional layer and toppings.
- Get creative! I saw Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches in the freezer section. Use strawberry sundae topping! Whatever appeals to your family, loaded it up.
I do hope that you’ve enjoyed this oh so sweet week and found some new desserts to try out. Thank you to Angie from Big Bears Wife for organizing this event, it has been a sweet time! 🙂
My other #SummerDessertWeek recipes in case you missed them:
- 10-12 ice cream sandwiches
- Chocolate ice cream topping
- Caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces, chopped
- 4 oz Cool-whip
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip morsels
In an 8x8 square pan lay unwrapped ice cream sandwiches to fill the bottom. Cut to fit if necessary.
Drizzle chocolate and caramel ice cream topping all-over the layer of ice cream sandwiches.
Sprinkle with chopped Reese's Pieces. Cover and place in freezer at least 1 hour.
Remove from freezer and place the 2nd layer of unwrapped ice cream sandwiches.
Spread Cool-whip over ice cream sandwiches.
Sprinkle mini chocolate chip morsels over top of Cool-whip.
Finish with sprinkles of choice.
Cover and return to freezer at least 5 hours. Any leftovers need to be placed into the freezer when done.
Find this recipe and more at Meal Plan Monday
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summertime event is filled with some downright amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summertime sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- No Churn Mango Ice Cream from Daily Dish Recipes
- Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Strawberry Cream Ice Box Cake from Palatable Pastime
- No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Ice Cream Torte with Crunchy Crumby Center from Family Around the Table
- Banana Cream Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
No Bake Treats:
- Mermaid Cheesecake Marshmallow Dip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Creamsicle Crunch Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Buckle from Pastry Chef Online
- Mermaid Cheesecake from 4 Sons R Us
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Black Forest Cheesecake from Sweet Beginnings
- Blackberry Cobbler from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Triple Berry Biscuit Trifle with Honey Whipped Cream from Nik Snacks
- Summer Berry Trifle from Nancie’s Table