An easy bread loaded with flavor!
This Cheesy Beer Bread just cries out for a bowl of chili or a steaming hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day. Easy doesn’t begin to describe this recipe, mix all the ingredients, pour in a pan & bake, that’s it, nothing complicated.
The texture is more of a biscuity (if that’s a word) quick bread, its dense and thick, not light & airy. You can make this bread with any variety of beer or cheese. The darker the beer, the more flavor and color your bread will have. If you choose a lighter flavor beer, there will be less beer flavor and a lighter color. A beer such as Sierra Nevada Pale Ale would be delicious, but I usually just grab whatever is sitting in our fridge and use that. An extra sharp cheddar cheese would be amazing in this bread too, I normally just use sharp cheddar and it gives it just the right amount of flavor. Do some experimenting, you’ll find the right blend.
Other easy breads you may enjoy:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 T sugar
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 (12 oz) bottle/can of beer (flavor is your preference)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using a wire wisk combine flour, sugar, baking soda & salt. Add to mixture beer, cheddar cheese & 3 T of the melted butter, mix well with large spoon.
- Let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Pour remaining 3 T melted butter on top.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, this will vary on your oven. Toothpick should come out clean when inserted in to bread to test for doneness.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting after removing from oven.