Nothing like a big old pot of Crockpot Chili with Beans! Serve alongside some freshly baked cornbread and you’ll have a hearty meal! Perfect for tailgating!
Chili is a seasonal meal at our house that gets requested often. Not only is it hearty, but it’s relatively inexpensive, which makes it nice on the pocketbook while feeding a large family. Everyone has their own spin on chili; you can have a version with no beans or even use turkey.
My version cooks in your Crockpot, but the ground beef is browned prior to adding into the Crockpot. You may certainly cook this on the stove top too; many times I get out a big pot and let it cook away. I like chili with a tiny kick, so this one has a pinch of oomph, but you can certainly boost the heat by adding additional chili powder, cayenne or hot sauce.
And last but not least, don’t forget the cornbread. There’s nothing like a big hunk of cornbread to go alongside your bowl of chili.
Crockpot Chili with Beans
- 2 lbs ground beef (I used ground chuck)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 packages of chili seasoning
- 2 29 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce can light red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Optional: shredded cheese or sour cream as a topping
- Brown ground beef along with garlic & diced onion. When thoroughly cooked, drain off all fat.
- Add all ingredients into Crockpot (I use a 5 qt and it fits nicely).
- Stir together. Place lid on top and cook on low 5-6 hours, depending on your Crockpot.
- Serve with shredded cheese or sour cream on top.
Chili is one of my absolute favorite meals and I love the idea of a crockpot version. BTW – I have an iPad KIC Mount giveaway going on right now if you would like to come enter. http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2013/03/ipad-kic-mount-giveaway-and-review.html
I love trying different chili recipes. Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from Mom on Timeout 🙂
Joanne T Ferguson
G’day and YUM re your chili, true!
With the weather today, I could go for a bowl or two!
Viewed as part of Food Friends Friday Chili Party
If I need to make 12 servings, so I want to make 1.5x your recipe, would that fit in a 5 quart crockpot still or is that pushing it? This looks so easy and yummy, I can’t wait to try it 🙂
That might be pushing it, hope you do try though.
Thank you 🙂