This post is sponsored on behalf of #appleweek. Our generous sponsors Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs offer a great option for parties, the holidays or even tailgating. Made with Ground beef, apple & seasoning in a BBQ sauce.
Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs
Find my other #AppleWeek recipes listed below:
FIND THE GIVEAWAY >>> HERE
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM FOR ALL PARTICIPATING BLOGGERS
Today we’re moving back to the land of savory with Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs. Yes, I debuted Savory Apple Sausage Balls earlier this week, but these are completely different.
Made with ground beef, apple and seasoning these meatballs slow cooker in a simple sauce and are great for the holidays, parties or tailgating. A good slow cooker appetizer is always a simple addition to potlucks too!
Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs are very easy to make, nothing complicated here! You mix the two-ingredient sauce, next you get the ingredients mixed for the meatballs. Make the balls, and pop them into the slow cooker. Done!
I used a great little tool to help me core my apples in a flash! The Zyliss apple corer made quick and easy work of popping out the cores. Perfect for those times when you have a ton of apples to core and cut. Click HERE to find more great tool from Zyliss.
What ingredients do you need to make Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs?
- BBQ Sauce
- Ground Beef
- Italian Breadcrumbs
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder & red pepper flakes
Some tips for making Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs:
- Prepare meatballs by hand or use a scoop.
- I made 18 meatballs from this recipe.
- Chop your apple pieces very finely. I used larger pieces in the pictures.
Simple steps for making Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs:
Mix together applesauce and BBQ sauce.
In a bowl combine: beaten egg, breadcrumbs and seasonings.
Add in finely diced apple.
Add in ground beef and mix all ingredients together.
Roll meatballs or use a scoop. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place meatballs on top of sauce.
Pour remaining sauce over meatballs. Place lid on the slow cooker, cook on high 2-2.5 hours or until ground beef is cooked through.
- Apple Cakesicles by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Toddy by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Tea Brined Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chewy Brown Sugar Apple Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cranberry Apple Crisp by Cooking With Carlee
- Hand Shaped Mini Apple Candies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Individual Caramel Apple Sharlotka by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- No Knead Apple Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple and Pecan by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Meatballs by Who Needs A Cape?
- Smoky Apple Corn Chowder by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen