Looking for an easy dessert that is yummy? This Glazed Cinnamon Roll Cake is a definite crowd pleaser, serve with coffee for dessert perfection.
Around here we give our children the option of what birthday “dessert” they’d like to choose from. They are all fussy in their own right and that’s fine, so they get their choice. Do you want pie? Is it a cupcake sort of birthday? Frozen ice cream cake? Eclairs from the bakery? Whatever it is they have a deadline to get their decision made and then that’s what we stick a candle into on the special day.
This year we have a big birthday at our house, an 18th birthday, which is super exciting! Just so happens that this particular offspring is one of the fussiest (hates all things chocolate, weirdo right?) so her decision is even more important since she’s so extra finicky. She came up with a good one this year, one that all family members gobbled up, even the littlest who is our 2nd pickiest (yes, I rank them).
Glazed Cinnamon Roll Cake is a no-fuss no muss type of cake, you can get this made and start enjoying in just a short time span. Personally, that’s my favorite type of dessert since I’m rather impatient. And you can serve this slightly warm, so it really is just like similar freshly baked cinnamon roll. When I originally found this recipe (who knows where, it was written on a piece of paper in my recipe binder) it listed double the glaze ingredients, now that was just WAY too much glaze for my taste, so if you are a fan of heavy glaze, just double the glaze. Enjoy! PS-this is really good for breakfast too *wink wink*.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 4 t baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 T milk
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
- In larger mixing bowl mix combine milk, eggs and vanilla, beat with electric mixer. Next add in sugar and beat until combined. Add in dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour melted butter over top of batter and mix in completely.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, set aside.
- Combine softened butter, brown sugar, flour & cinnamon. Drop onto batter in large dollops spread out over top. Using a butter knife, make a zig-zag pattern running through cinnamon dollops, so it spread out in swirls over batter.
- Bake approximately 30-35 minutes. Check with a toothpick inserted into center to ensure cake is completely cooked. Remove from oven & set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare glaze using a whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Drizzle over top of cake. Refrigerate any remaining portion.
Best served slightly warm.
Looking for even more dessert inspiration? Be sure to follow our ALL DESSERTS! board on Pinterest!
Follow Who Needs A Cape?’s board All Desserts on Pinterest.