If you love apple pie and love cake then you must try Apple Pie Coffee Cake. Great with some vanilla ice cream, you’ll love this dessert.
What makes a coffee cake a coffee cake you may ask? In my eyes, you can eat it for breakfast or dessert, it isn’t too sugary, you can enjoy a piece with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning. And that’s just what you’ll get with this moist cake that has a layer of apple filling.
Easy to throw together, won’t take you any time at all and you more than likely have all the ingredients in your pantry just staring at you.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- 1/2 t cinnamon, divided
- 4 T oats
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350º degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and eggs one at a time until completely mixed.
- Mix in flour and baking powder until completely incorporated.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter into 13x9 baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Reserve 1/3 batter for topping.
- Pour apple pie filling on top of batter, smooth to edges & sprinkle 1/4 t of cinnamon over apple layer.
- Mix oats and remaining 1/4 t cinnamon into reserved batter.
- Spoon in dollops onto apple layer.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients together and drizzle while cake is still warm.