Homemade Cinnamon Rolls that are better than Cinnabon…yes, they are!!! Great for brunch, holiday breakfast or a special weekend, amazing and easy to make!
Everyone loves a cinnamon roll right? I mean everyone – I have never in my life met a person that said “Oh no thanks I’m good” when offered anyone’s Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. I have the very best recipe to share with you-you’re going to love my version!
First thing I need to say is that this is sort of my version of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. I learned it in high school. It’s that amazing that I’ve kept the recipe for over…well a lot of years.
Next, you need to know that working with yeast is not that hard you guys. If a High School Girl could learn how to make these amazing Homemade Cinnamon Rolls then so can you. And you’re going to be so excited that you learned – they are truly amazing. I’m not lying when I tell you that they are better than Cinnabon.
Your house is going to smell amazing (I love the smell of yeasty fresh bread – it’s so good). Your family is going to be obsessed with these. Good thing they aren’t as hard as you think! They do take a day to rise – so plan ahead!
Other great breakfast treats:
Sausage Hash Brown Potato Cups
Apple Crescent Ring
Streusel Topped Chai Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes | Who Needs A Cape?
Blueberry Brie Scones | Mildly Meandering
Skillet Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Casserole | Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
Better than Cinnabon Home Made Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 1/2 to 2 2/3 Cups of Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 Pkg dry active Yeast
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 6-8 tbsp of Butter
- Cinnamon around 4-5 Tbsp (enough to lightly cover the dough completely when rolled out)
- Sugar around 1/4 C (again enough to lightly cover the dough completely when rolled out)
- 1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix together 1 of the cups of flour with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once thoroughly mixed add the rest of the flour until you have a nice smooth, elastic dough.
- Knead 5-10 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and then a towel to keep the light out.
- Let dough rise for 24 hours (I let it sit out most of the day and put in the fridge overnight)
- After 24 hours punch dough down and roll into a rectangle.
- Spread butter (generously!) onto dough and then sprinkle with a mix of cinnamon and sugar to your taste.
- Roll up and cut cinnamon rolls (I usually get around 9 bigger sized from this recipe but you could cut smaller for more rolls).
- Put into greased pan.
- Put pan in the oven AS the oven is warming up to 375 Degrees (I do this to help it get one last rise in)
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your rolls.
- While the rolls are baking mix up a simple icing of powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Let rolls cool for 5, cover with icing and serve warm!
- Tightly wrap any leftovers!
Thank you for sharing your treasured recipe! It looks wonderful and I can’t wait to try it!
It is really yummy! You’ll love it!
Oh my goodness Heather,
I can almost taste this delicious homemade cinnamon roll, sure wish I had one right now. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
You have to make them Miz Helen 😉 they are truly delicious!