Crock Pot Orange Chicken is a fantastic slow cooker meal! Prep ahead and throw it in the freezer. A great family friendly meal that’s easy to make!
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
Easy! Tasty! That’s what I’m talking about – and that’s how I describe Crock Pot Orange Chicken! I love a good slow cooker meal (seriously) and Crock Pot Orange Chicken is just that.
Did I mention that it freezes beautifully? It’s part of our 40 Meals in 4 Hours – you know you LOVE that! What else is great about Orange Chicken is that everyone in my family loves it.
When I first started cooking, I thought the slow cooker was ONLY good for things like pot roast or soups. Crock Pot Orange Chicken was one of my first branch outs in making different, fun flavors in the slow cooker.
Yes, this is where it began! I discovered that you can make ANY flavor in your slow cooker from a bit of Asian flair to Mexican! YUM So glad I finally figured this out! This isn’t your mom’s slow cooker recipes.
To be honest, I always have some freezer meals in my freezer. I don’t ALWAYS do all 40 at once (although I have and it’s amazing), but about once every other week if I’m running low on easy meals I throw together just a few to get us through busy times.
Crock Pot Orange Chicken is perfect when you prepare ALL the meals, prepare just a few meals or just quickly throwing it in the slow cooker in the morning! You can’t lose with this dish!
Other great slow cooker meals:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite size pieces or strips)
- 3 T fat (Original recipe calls for Coconut oil I used Olive Oil)
- juice of 2 oranges
- zest from 1 orange
- 1/4 C of Orange Juice
- 1 t fresh ginger
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 2 T sriracha
- Chopped Peanuts (low or no salt) for topping
- Spray Crock Pot with non stick cooking spray
- Place cut chicken into crock pot
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together except for peanuts and pour over chicken
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low
- Serve with Stir Fried Veggies or rice or both! and top with chopped peanuts