Change up Taco Tuesday and make Taco Lasagna! This Taco Casserole will please your whole family and makes dinner tasty AND easy!
When I find something that everyone likes, I make it ALL THE TIME. Don’t you? So I have had to look up some fun ways to reinvent our favorites – especially tacos. We could eat tacos every night of the week. I don’t want anyone to get sick of eating our favorite (because then what am I going to make them????) so I have a bunch of different Taco Recipes – keep reading you’ll find links to more amazing Taco Night Dinners!!!!
I always love a dinner that can be made before and then thrown in the oven when I want to serve it – Taco Lasagna is definitely one of those dinners. Just get it all made up and then you can refrigerate it up to 2-3 days. Pop it in the oven and you’re ready! I do this on weeks I know are going to be a mess – I take Sunday afternoon and meal prep for the week. It really saves time and saves us from Fast Food!
What are the Ingredients in Taco Lasagna?
- 1 pound ground beef – made with taco seasoning (brown and make according to taco package)
- Tortillas – I prefer large flour tortillas, but corn would work
- Taco Sauce – mild, medium or hot it’s up to you!
- 16 ounces salsa – I prefer a fresh salsa because it’s not so soupy. Whatever you get make sure it’s more chunky than juicy
- 16 ounces shredded cheese – pick either taco blend or a sharp cheddar – it’s a matter of taste
- Sour cream for garnish
- Optional Garnishes (according to your family’s tastes) Black Olives, Lettuce, Fresh Tomatoes
I don’t make a lot of lasagna in my life, but this comes together super easily. It’s easy to layer these ingredients and it’s really no trouble at all. It’s more of a Taco Casserole, but with the layering I like the name Taco Lasagna. I also like easy to put together meals and this definitely qualifies!!!
I promised you more Taco Tuesday recipes! Well here they are:
In case you’re in need of another delicious Casserole to make dinner easy and yummy – here are some links for that!
Happy Dinner Making!