So living in South Jersey the cheesesteak is one of our major food groups. It really is. We are fussy about them and we love them.
I wanted to take that idea, that taste and put it into a casserole. This turned out really delicious and is a quick/easy dinner (something I require in a casserole!).
Everyone ate their share and fought over the leftovers – that’s what we want in a dinner right? Mom win, right there!
Cheesesteak Casserole is definitely going on our family’s meal planning rotation. It wasn’t hard to make and it has great flavor (and cheaper than ordering out to get cheesesteaks!).
I love it when I have a plan for dinner – and having Cheesesteak Casserole for dinner is a must in our house. We just loved it. I hate hearing “oh no not that again” and thankfully my family enjoyed this as much as I did (which makes my life SO MUCH EASIER!).
If you don’t live on the East Coast with available amazing cheesesteaks, you can pretend you are there when you’re eating this! I love a dinner that transports me, especially when I’m stuck inside during the winter.
Have you guessed how much I love Cheesesteak Casserole yet? I know I know – I’m repeating, but you guys have to try it out – Tell me what you think! I bet you repeat how much you love it too!
Looking for more easy dinner (but amazing flavor) inspiration? Make sure you check out:
You know that Casseroles and Easy Dinners that taste amazing are our favorite here at Who Needs a Cape? Right??? Well here we are – wanting to help inspire you to more fantastic dinners!
Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas!
Need a few more quick (but delicious) dinner recipes? Of course I have more!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 green pepper chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 12 ounces Velveeta
- 1 pound of macaroni
- Preheat oven to 350
- Season ground beef with pepper, italian seasoning and garlic powder and brown beef, drain fat off when cooked
- Saute peppers and onions together until cooked
- While pepper and onions are sauteing cook the 1 pound of macaroni noodles
- When peppers and onions are done add the cooked ground beef
- Slice up velveeta and add to pan to begin to melt (Only needs to stay on stove for 2-3 minutes it's ok if it's not fully melted)
- Add in macaroni (I used a large bowl to mix everything)
- Place in 9x13 baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes