Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Soup is an easy meal to prepare with just a few ingredients. Tasty & filling this crockpot dinner will make the family happy.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Soup
Around my house as soon as the leaves start changing, the temps start dipping and there’s a noticeable crispness in the air my slow cookers start emerging from the cabinets more often. Soups, stews and all things comforting happen in these beloved small kitchen appliances.
If you’ve been following Who Needs A Cape? I’m sure you may have noticed we puffy heart love our crockpots. In fact, we have dozens of slow cooker recipes, some are even freezer meals that you prep ahead of time and pop into your slow cooker.
We love, love, love our slow cookers around here. This week alone I’ve used my slow cookers for a dip that was enjoyed while watching football and apple cider that was served during a camping weekend.
Obviously, I enjoy “recipes that crock” and today I’m delighted to share with you a family favorite: Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Soup. This is a simple recipe that gives you the basis for a delicious soup.
I make this soup to suit the tastes of my family and prepare it less spicy than you may enjoy. You can certainly kick up the spice factor in a few different ways.
First, my soup began with a shopping trip to Meijer to pick up the essentials. This soup has layers of flavor beginning with ground turkey that is browned prior to adding it to the crockpot. Into my cart, I added PAM Pump Spray.
Have you tried this yet? I love it! You can easily control how much or how little you’d like to use so easily, as it is a pump spray. PAM Pump Spray contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives!
You’ll experience superior non-stick cooking without adding a ton of extra calories. I use PAM Pump Spray all the time, including when I brown ground turkey for this recipe.
Next, I grabbed a can of RO*TEL® because you know how great dishes turn out when you add in RO*TEL! Now, this is where you can start adjusting the heat if you like spicier dishes. I prefer the mild variety of RO*TEL, but you can certainly use original or hot.
One of the tastiest ingredients in Slow Cooker Turkey Taco Soup is Brooks® Chili Beans! With two delicious varieties to choose from: mild or hot, Brooks Chili Beans are a fantastic addition to this soup.
Serve this amazing soup along with some freshly baked cornbread. This recipe that crocks really is great for some good dipping.
This time I topped mine with some crushed tortilla chips, Monterrey jack cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Perfect cool weather slow cooker meal, a great seasonal soup that’s delish!
We have more slow cooker soups you’ll love:
- PAM Pump Spray
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1oz package chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup corn
- 1 10 oz can RO*TEL
- 1 15.5 oz can Brooks Chili Beans
- 2 cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing
- Spray medium skillet with PAM Pump Spray, add ground turkey and diced onion to pan. Break ground turkey into pieces with wooden spoon. Cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked through.
- Add in water and chili seasoning, stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Spoon ground turkey mixture into slow cooker. Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- OPTIONAL: Top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.
1. I used a 5 qt slow cooker.
2. You can easily double this recipe to serve a crowd.
3. Add in additional spices to up the heat if desired.