Creamy Refried Bean Cheese Cups are an easy appetizer perfect for parties, game day or the holidays. You’ll love their bite-sized delicious pop of flavor.
This post is sponsored by Conagra, but opinions expressed are my own.
Creamy Refried Bean Cheese Cups
We’re all about finger foods around my house! It certainly doesn’t take much of an excuse if any to serve bite-sized nibbles! Take a good game on TV, well you know there’s gonna be some tasty appetizers coming up.
With March rolling in you know there are all sorts of reasons to be glued to the TV rooting on your favorite teams and hoping your bracket advances. This is not something to take lightly, am I right?
Our town sits midway between two large universities in Michigan. You could say we’re a town divided because of this.
This especially is evident when you watch a playoff game….there’s a whole lot of competition going on. So you may as well have something delicious to eat, no one can resist great food even if their team is down.
One-stop into Walmart and I was all set in the food department. My first stop was the Mexican food aisle to pick up my favorite refried beans, Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans. The next stop was the canned tomato section where I found RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies. Both of these ingredients are perfect in my Creamy Refried Bean Cheese Cups.
Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans are almost always in my pantry, as an authentic and delicious Mexican inspired side dish or key recipe component. With only 120 calories and zero grams trans-fat per serving, I use Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans in a variety of dishes.
And you know I have a strong affection for RO*TEL, two of my very favorite recipes on Who Needs A Cape? feature RO*TEL. Consisting of vine-ripened tomatoes, zesty green chilies, and a mix of spices are what give RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies its BOLD, adventurous taste. Go ahead and add it into soups, chili, queso, or any other recipe, and banish the bland.
Let’s circle back for a second, I know you read Cheese Cups in the recipe title and are thinking…what? Never fear, I wouldn’t steer you wrong, once you’ve tried cheese cups, you’ll love them.
The cheese cup cradles a creamy refried bean mixture just perfectly. You can top them off with whatever toppings you desire, I chose to use green onion, black olives, and chopped avocado.
Cheese cups are really easy to prepare, you just need cheese, a baking tray, a mini muffin pan and that’s it. And aren’t they cute? Definitely a nice variation for parties.
Even if your team isn’t winning, you might win a Game Day Party Pack for yourself.
Check this out!
Prize pack includes:
- $100 Walmart eGift Card
- Rotel (2 cans)
- Rosarita (2 cans)
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Table Runner, Serving Platter, Condiment Set (as pictured in the photos on this page)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. The Win The Crowd on Basketball Game Day Sweepstakes is sponsored by Conagra Brands, Inc. Open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 a.m. PT on 3/4/19 & ends 11:59 p.m. PT on 4/8/19. Nineteen potential winners will be randomly selected to each receive a $100 Walmart eGift card and prize pack. Prize pack ARV: $210. Total ARV: $4,400. Odds depend on number of entries. For full details see official rules here.
So tell me, what do you like to eat during the big game?
- 24 Colby Cheese circles "2 diameter
- 16 oz can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- TOPPINGS: black olives, green onions, avocado
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a baking tray, line with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- From cheese slices, cut out circles of cheese and lay on baking tray. Leave 2-3" in between, cheese will spread when melted.
- Bake approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 1 minute.
- Carefully pick up cool cheese circle and press into cavity of mini muffin pan. You may need to make some folds when pressing.
- Allow cheese to set at least 10-15 minutes.
- In mixing bowl combine refried beans, cream cheese and RO*TEL, stir to combine.
- Using a small scoop, fill cheese cups with bean mixture.
- Top with additional items. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!