Spice up your dinner and make Taco Soup! You’re going to love how easy this is to make and how great the flavor is!
This time of year I just love eating soup. I don’t want the same old flavors every time, so I decided to mix it up. My mom used to make soup really similar to my Taco Soup (although we always had beans in it – but my husband hates beans…so…;)) Go ahead and add some beans if you like them!
To further suit your tastes you could add more heat to this recipe by adding more pepper or using tomatoes with peppers in them. I love soup because it’s so easy to make it a flavor that you will love.
This soup makes a ton – so it would be perfectly fine to cut it in half – but I love left overs (soup is always better the next day!) You could also make it – divide in half (BEFORE adding the noodles) and freeze one half of it. But I do highly recommend not freezing the noodles. Then you have made 2 meals in the same time! Make some French Bread to go with it or some cheesy beer bread (YUM)!
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 3 C Water
- 1 can of Red Kidney beans - drain and rinse (Or you could substitute or add Pinto or Black beans)
- 1 can of Mexican stewed tomatoes (Green Chiles and Onions)
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- Tortilla Chips, Crushed
- Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or Jack)
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- Brown ground beef or turkey and drain any fat.
- In your Crockpot add meat, water, beans, tomatoes, soup and seasoning mix, stir to combine
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve and garnish with crushed tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream if desired.