Potato Cheeseburger Soup has tender chunks of potato, ground beef, and cheesy goodness all mixed together. Definitely a family favorite that’s sure to please!
Looking for a flavor-filled soup that is not only simple to prepare, easy on the budget and family-friendly? Definitely give this Potato Cheeseburger Soup a try, nothing complicated in this recipe, and it is extremely versatile.
I’ve tried many versions of cheeseburger soup through the years, and personally, I’ve decided that I love the combination of the “cheeseburger” flavors in a potato soup base.
What I also really like about this recipe is how inexpensive it is, we easily get 2 meals out of one pot of soup so its easy on the wallet. Gotta love that right?
Now if you’d like to fully-load your burger, you can add any number of additional toppings such as crumbled bacon, diced tomatoes, you name it. I keep it basic, that’s how my kids will eat it.
Other great soups to try:
- 6 cups diced potatoes
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 t ground pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 6 T flour
- 16 oz. Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- Optional: crumbled bacon to sprinkle on top
- In large soup pot, bring chicken broth, garlic and onion to a simmer, add in diced potatoes and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until potato chunks are tender.
- Brown ground beef and drain thoroughly.
- Add into soup pot, cooked ground beef, butter, pepper, salt and Lawry's. Stir in 4 cups of milk. Turn heat to lowest setting.
- Mix flour into remaining 1 cup of milk, stir into soup. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened. Add cheese cubes and stir until melted.
TIP: Use a 20 oz. package of diced Simply Potatoes (in the refrigerated section) to make this soup even easier.
For more easy dinner inspiration, follow our Simple Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest:
Follow Who Needs A Cape?’s board Simple Dinner Ideas on Pinterest.