You’ll fall head over heels for Roasted Broccoli with Bacon. Such a great side dish, perfect for holiday meals or any weeknight dinner.
Roasted Broccoli with Bacon
There are so many great reasons to love broccoli, and fortunately for me, the number one reason is that ALL of my kids enjoy it! That is a true rarity in my house and when I can get everyone on the same page, that makes a happy mom around here.
A few weekends back we headed to my sister-in-law and brother-in-laws new house. They built a beautiful lakefront new construction home. We had a great time visiting, our time included a boat ride, bonfire, and dinner.
When dinner rolled around they fired up the grill for some delicious steaks. I brought a giant pasta salad and my sister-in-law Meg made roasted broccoli.
At first, I thought my youngest daughters would make me run for the hills with a big giant “ewww”. Much to my surprise though, they reacted quite the opposite and said they’d try it. Especially when they heard it had BACON in it.
So we will refer to Roasted Broccoli with Bacon as “Aunt Meg’s broccoli” thus forward. Everyone gobbled it up and immediately requested that I recreate the dish at home.
For this particular dinner, I paired Roasted Broccoli with Bacon alongside pork loin and rice pilaf. Pop this dish into your menu rotation and serve alongside chicken, beef, pork even shrimp. It is elegant enough for the holiday season, I know I’ll be making it again and again.
With the crunch of the roasted broccoli pieces and crisp bacon, we’ve found ourselves a great flavor combination. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
What ingredients do you need to make Roasted Broccoli with Bacon?
- Fresh Broccoli
- Olive Oil
Some tips for making Roasted Broccoli with Bacon:
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Use a good quality, thick sliced bacon.
- Cut broccoli pieces into uniform sizes.
- Want to add in other flavors, try some diced red onion or even a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze.
- I like to let the broccoli get very roasted when I’m not taking pictures, in other words I let this batch cook a bit less than I normally would.
Simple steps for making Roasted Broccoli with Bacon:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut broccoli into uniform pieces.
Coat with olive oil and spread onto prepared pan.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add cut bacon to pan.
Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until desired level of roasting has occured.
Try these delicious side dishes alongside your favorite meals:
You can never have too many sides, give these a try too:
- 4 cups broccoli, cut
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees. Cut broccoli into uniform pieces.
- Coat with olive oil and spread onto prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add cut bacon to pan.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, until the desired level of roasting, has occurred.