Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole is the perfect solution when you can’t get to your favorite restaurant. Make this copycat recipe in your own kitchen!
Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole
Friends, this recipe is pure comfort food and let me tell you, it is so easy to make! This particular dish brings me back to my childhood when there were only a handful of Cracker Barrel restaurants around. We would always stop at one for breakfast for a special treat in Tennessee on the way to visiting my grandparents in Virginia.
We now have a Cracker Barrel right here in my town. It is one of our favorite restaurants to take the kids. There’s just something relaxing about ordering down-home country dishes that truly define the term “comfort food”. My young daughter calls it “Crackle Barrel”, no matter what you call it this place has some good stick to your ribs food.
This year I whipped up this casserole for our Christmas Day brunch. To be honest, this casserole tastes wonderful warmed up as leftovers. Especially during the holiday season when you have leftover turkey or ham, a bit of this leftover is just perfect. Although it disappears fast if my whole crew is around.
You’ll find all sorts of excuses to make this delicious dish. Don’t let the holidays be the only time you enjoy it, make it on a Sunday…the family will love it.
Some tips for making Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole:
- Pinched for time? Use frozen chopped onions.
- Wanna add a bit more flavor? Use French Onion chip dip instead of sour cream.
- Like things spicy? Substitute Pepper Jack cheese for the Sharp Cheddar.
Other great dishes to try:
Other great holiday recipes you’ll enjoy:
Lasagna Dip | Snacks and Sips
Pumpkin Roll Trifle | Mildly Meandering
Grandma’s Christmas Punch | The Kitchen is My Playground
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together and put in the baking dish
- Cook for 35-45 minutes until it is golden brown on top.