Need a fun beverage for Halloween parties? The Crypt Keeper Cocktail is easy to make, delicious and great for your spooky party.
This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. This recipe is for adults 21 and older and does contain alcohol.
The Crypt Keeper Cocktail
Welcome back to #HalloweenTreatsWeek! Today I’m debuting my 3rd addition to this week of spooky treats. I do hope you have found some new tricks and treats from this fun event.In case you missed my other posts for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, please do check out:
Please be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find a list of other participating bloggers in this event and links to their creations.
Today we have a fun drink for the adults. If you are looking a non-alcoholic drink check out Boogeyman Brew, it is family-friendly. The Crypt Keeper Cocktail is easy to make, looks fun and tastes great.
The Crypt Keeper Cocktail is a 3 ingredient beverage consisting of cranberry juice, Blue Curaçao (an orange-flavored liqueur) and vodka. The color comes from the addition of vibrant Blue Curaçao to the red cranberry juice. It becomes a fun purplish color which is great for Halloween events.
Of course, you can use fancy Halloween themed glasses like are shown in the back of some of these pictures. Or you can use a simple glass of your choice. I added a touch of whimsy by rimming the edge of a glass with fun and festive sprinkles from Sweets and Treats Shop.
To easily add sprinkles along the edge of a glass I use a tube of cookie frosting found in the baking aisle of any grocery store. I squeeze along the outside edge and dip into sprinkles that are on a plate, making sure to cover the outside edge completely. I think it adds a nice touch!
Some tips for making The Crypt Keeper Cocktail:
- I like an icy drink if you prefer less ice use a cocktail shaker.
- Look for Blue Curaçao near Peach Schnapps at liquor stores.
- Use a cranberry juice blend such as Cran-Cherry or Cran-Raspberry.
- 8 oz Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 2 oz Blue Curaçao liqueur
- 2 oz vodka
- OPTIONAL: sprinkles for decoration
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker and combine. Pour over crushed ice.
- OPTIONAL: To decorate glass, squeeze tubed frosting around outer edge. Pour sprinkles onto dish and press glass edge into sprinkles until covered.
Find this recipe and more at Meal Plan Monday!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie’s Cucina
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.