Wicked Zombie Trifle is the perfect dessert for Halloween parties! With layers of delicious flavors, customize the colors and have a spooktacular time!
This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Wicked Zombie Trifle
Well, my friends, we’ve arrived at my final addition to #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I think we can all agree it has been one ghostly good time! I’ve had a really great time creating some slightly scary treats for our followers while finding some amazing creations from my fellow participants.
If you happened to miss my three prior posts for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, please do check out:
Also, be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find a list of other participating bloggers in this event and links to their creations.
I just love a trifle at a party! Why? Well, they feed a crowd, can be made ahead of time and are customizable. My Wicked Zombie Trifle has layers of crumbled Devil’s Food (how fitting, right?) cake, strawberry pie filling, and a mixture of vanilla pudding and Cool-Whip. YUM!
The fun zombie part came from gummy fruit-flavored zombie hands from Treat Street USA. They added just the right touch of spooky. I added two down in the actual trifle and two emerging from the back as if escaping from the ground below.
The green pudding layer came compliments of green food coloring from Adam’s Extract. It added just the right amount of ooey effect I was hoping for.
My kids thought this dessert was super fun and they aren’t crazy about creepy decor, it was just the right amount of “scary”. Add in a few Halloween decorations and you have yourself the perfect dessert addition for Halloween parties. Enjoy and Happy Halloween friends!!!
Some tips for making a Wicked Zombie Trifle:
- Use whatever flavor pie filling you’d like. Cherry or raspberry would be amazing too.
- No Devil’s Food cake mix? Use a brownie mix.
- Customize your pudding filling with other flavors, extracts or different colors.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Moonshine Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Brownies from The Redhead Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.