Having a Halloween party? You need Ghostly Gooey Dip, a sweet treat for kids of all ages. This easy to make dessert dip is great for parties.
This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Ghostly Gooey Dip
Welcome back to #HalloweenTreatsWeek! Today I’m debuting my 2nd addition to this spooktacular event. I do hope you found some new tricks and treats to try from yesterday’s post.If you missed my first post for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, please do check out Boogeyman Brew, a fun family-friendly drink that’s perfect for Halloween parties. Please be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find a list of other participating bloggers in this event and links to their creations.
Missed my other creations from #HalloweenTreatsWeek, check them out:
My creation for today is a fun party food that’s great for kids of all ages. Ghostly Gooey Dip is not only delicious, but it adds a very cute touch to parties. It is definitely appropriate for the younger kids, it isn’t scary. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, or cut fruit.
This is a simple 3 ingredient dip, yup that’s all it takes folks. Grab your electric hand mixer, and get mixing. What totally makes Ghostly Gooey Dip over the top cute is the addition of some friendly little ghosts from Wilton. Aren’t they fun?
In addition to the ghosts, I simply used some orange gel food color and swirled it around with a toothpick. Next a sprinkling of sprinkles and there ya have it, Ghostly Gooey Dip! Easy, fun, and ready for a party!
Some tips for making Ghostly Gooey Dip:
- Add in any flavor extract you wish to make this dip flavored.
- Make the dip portion ahead of time and refrigerate. Decorate just prior to serving.
- I added a large dollop of Cool-Whip in the center to elevate the ghost decorations.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 7 oz container marshallow fluff
- 4 oz Cool-Whip (plus additional for under ghost decorations)
- Orange gel food color
- Halloween sprinkles
- Ghost decorations
- With electric hand mixer beat cream cheese and until light and fluffy. Add in marshmallow fluff and beat until mixed.
- Beat in Cool-Whip until just blended, spoon into serving bowl.
- To decorate: Using a toothpick swirl orange gel food color on top, add sprinkles. Put a large dollop of Cool-Whip in center of bowl and place Ghost decorations on top. Serve immediately.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Witch Poke Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Zombie Pudding Cups from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- “I’ve’ Gone Batty” Halloween Brownies from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Frozen Frankenstein Pudding Pops from Kudos Kitchen
- Red Velvet Marble Cake with Bloody Red Ganache from The Baking Fairy
- Ghostly Gooey Dip from Who Needs A Cape?
- Macaron with Candy Corn Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cauldron Cakes from The Redhead Baker
- Monster Bark from Savory Experiments
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Monster Bites from Katie’s Cucina
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.