Boo! Make this super fun Orange You Scared? Halloween Cake. With orange soda in the cake and the glaze plus spooky eyeballs, it’ll be the hit of your party!
Orange You Scared? Halloween Cake
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone #WickedFantaFun #CollectiveBias
Are you in full Halloween mode at your house? Have you decorated? Shopped for costumes? Started planning out parties and spook-tacular food/drinks?
At my house we’ve accomplished all of the above with the exception of costumes, we’re going shopping for those this weekend. As for food and drinks yes, I’ve figured out exactly what wickedly good recipes I’m serving to my little ghosts and goblins.
I was shopping at my local Family Dollar store and inspiration hit when I bought some Fanta®. Immediately I envisioned this fun Orange You Scared? Halloween Cake!
Fanta Orange is not only the perfect drink to keep stocked up on during the Halloween season, but as I will show you below you can incorporate it into this fun cake! Let me tell you how!
Simply follow these easy steps:
- Replace the water with Fanta Orange when you are making the boxed cake mix.
- Make a simple glaze using Fanta Orange to drizzle over the top of the cake.
I told you this was simple! By replacing the water needed to make the boxed cake mix with Fanta Orange you get the orange flavor baked right into the cake! YUM!
Then by using Fanta Orange in the glaze you get that great flavor once again. Not only does this cake taste great, but it “looks” great too! The edible eyeballs are a simple way to make a wickedly spooky cake that’s really very easy to prepare. I added some orange sugar sprinkles too just for additional fun. Get creative with this, the Halloween season is all about fun and creativity.
Look for the one-stop Fanta Halloween display at Family Dollar. Now tell me, how do you plan to “Unleash wickedly good fun” with Fanta this Halloween?
Other easy Halloween treats:
- 1 15 oz boxed yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Fanta Orange Soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 T Fanta Orange Soda
- Edible candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substitute water for Fanta Orange Soda.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake approximately 40 minutes. Check with toothpick inserted into center to see if cake is done.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing cake from pan.
- Prepare glaze by whisking powdered sugar and Fanta Orange Soda together until all lumps are gone. If you desire a thicker glaze add additional powdered sugar.
- Drizzle over top of cake and immediately shake sprinkles onto glaze and place edible candy eyeballs onto cake.
If you desire an intense orange color in both the cake and glaze, add food coloring to obtain darker color.