Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches are beyond delicious but easy enough to prepare that you’ll love these for dessert!
Super excited to be participating in another edition of FREAKY FRIDAY! If you aren’t sure what that means, let me explain. We were assigned another blogger and from their site given the task of choosing one of their posts to recreate for our own site. Today we are debuting this recipe! Earlier in 2015 we participated in the first FREAKY FRIDAY and were assigned Stephie Cooks, I made her scrumptious Lemon Crumb Loaf, which everyone just raves about! This time around we were assigned…drum roll please ~PicNic~ and I’ve chosen to make her Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches!!! YAY!
If you aren’t familiar PicNic you need to be! Nicole is a lovely young woman from New Zealand who wears many hats, very successfully. From neuroscience research and teaching with writing, creating, photographing, and posting family friendly recipes for main meals, desserts, and baking she’s one busy woman. Plus she’s newly engaged!
I was very excited when I started poking around Nicole’s site, she has a wide range of delicious posts. Knowing that I couldn’t pick just one, I had my daughter help me and we eventually wound up choosing such a fabulous selection. But let me tell you we were totally tempted by her Creamy Chicken and White Wine Ravioli to say the least, then there was the Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake! So many great choices, I pinned a few along the way.
mine (found in the Hispanic section of my market) since I was short on time but you certainly could make your own. It is very similar to a recipe we have on our site for Slow Cooker Caramel which uses sweetened condensed milk. It adds the perfect touch of sweetness to buttercream and to the oatmeal cookies!
I just know you’ll love these cookies as much as we have. With such wonderful buttercream cushioned in-between two tender oatmeal cookies, these are a dreamy treat! Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Dulce de Leche
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 cups quick cook oats
Dulce de Leche Buttercream:
- 6 T butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 T cream
- 4 T Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using electric mixer beat together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in egg and Dulce de Leche, mix to combine thoroughly.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Next add oats, 1 cup at a time mixing completely after each addition.
- Using a small scoop, place on parchment lined baking trays. Bake approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
- BUTTERCREAM: Beat butter until light and fluffy with electric mixer. Mix in cream and Dulce de Leche. Add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Spread buttercream onto bottom of one cookie, top with second cookie to form sandwich.
I used a small scoop, cookies were about 1.5" across. Also, this recipe makes a large amount of buttercream. If you prefer less on your cookies, I would recommend making 1/2 a batch. Be warned, these are YUMMY!