Whether you serve Loaded Slow Cooker Pierogi for tailgating or holiday parties they will be a hit. Creamy, comforting & deliciously easy in your crockpot.
Loaded Slow Cooker Pierogi
Do you feel it? I sure do, FALL HAS ARRIVED!! Whoo hooo! Although I will say Michigan had a touch of Indian Summer as fall officially rolled in, the temps were unseasonably hot for the third week of September.
The weather has now settled and it not only looks like fall it is beginning to feel like fall. My favorite season brings so many pleasant things: cooler temps, fall colors, apples, pumpkins, sweaters and hearty food perfect for cooler weather.
Fall also brings us our latest round of FREAKY FRIDAY! I just love this event with some of our blogging friends. We sign up, are assigned a fellow blogger, we choose a recipe from their site to make for our site and everyone reveals their creations at the same time…on FREAKY FRIDAY!
A huge thanks to Michaela from An Affair from the Heart who organizes this event. We’ve been participating for quite some time and have really enjoyed getting to know our blogging buddies better and making some of their amazing recipes. This round is no different, let me tell you who I was assigned.
Deanna from Seduction in the Kitchen
Deanna is a creative cook who resides in Ohio. She’s quite helpful in blogging circles and I was fairly familiar with some of her recipes including French Onion Rice and Creamsicle Margarita (DREAMY by the way) but ultimately the recipe that I chose from her repertoire boiled down to comfort food!
I thought it would be the perfect dish to make since football season is upon us and the upcoming holiday season is full of entertaining opportunities.
Plus I could make it in my slow cooker and you know how I feel about that small kitchen appliance…swoon! I have a casserole style crockpot which makes serving for potluck style buffet meals a snap.
The recipe begins with frozen pierogi, I used cheese because I know my family enjoys that variety. To make this dish LOADED here comes the fun additions: creamy cheese sauce, bacon, smoked sausage & more cheese!
DISCLAIMER: Friends, this is not a healthy dish by any means. It is meant to be enjoyed and trust me you will.
Make it for game day feasting or a holiday spread. Bonus…it pairs nicely with some ice cold beer! Thank you Deanna for this delicious dish.
Other great recipes from Freaky Friday events:
- 1 13 oz package Smoked Sausage, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 Tablesppons butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup bacon, cooked & roughly chopped
- 2 cups Muenster cheese, shredded & divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 16oz packages frozen pierogi
- Spray casserole sized slow cooker (or at least a 5 quart) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In saucepan melt butter & saute onion until translucent.
- Stir in whipping cream and White Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add bacon to mixture & reduce heat to low, simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded Muenster cheese and sour cream. Remove from heat.
- In slow cooker add smoked sausage, layer one box of pierogi on top.
- Spoon 1/2 of cheese mixture over pierogi, and 1/2 of remaining shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers beginning with second box of pierogi.
- Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours, stirring once to combine mixture.
I used Cheddar Cheese Pierogi and Chicken Smoked Sausage. Use any type of shredded cheese you'd like, Muenster is a favorite at my house.
Take Two Tapas – Pepperoni Pizza Packets
LeMoine Family Kitchen – Mixed Berry Muffins
Hostess at Heart – Spicy Sriracha Snack Mix
Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Easy Black Bean Soup
Bowl Me Over – Spicy Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp
Seduction in the Kitchen – Marinated Olives with Red Wine Vinaigrette
The Foodie Affair – Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole with Cauliflower Crumbles
Full Belly Sisters – Easy Coconut Macaroons
Who Needs A Cape? – Loaded Slow Cooker Pierogies
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Italian Stuffed Pepper Cauliflower Rice Skillet
A Dish of Daily Life – Banana Crumb Cake with Pecans
The Devilish Dish – Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
Mildly Meandering – Apple Cake Sundae
Life Currents – Pineapple Serrano Hummus
Plattertalk – Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Pic Nic – Dark Chocolate Pecan Tart
Honey & Birch – Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese AppetizerAn Affair from the Heart – Rustic Harvest StewTake Two Tapas – Pepperoni Pizza Packets