This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
Oh you guys…It’s FALL! It’s time for cozy by the fire time (my favorite new thing since I moved into a house with a Fire pit!!!). It’s also a crazy time for every parent…we are going to back to school nights, we have sports, the kids have signed up for new clubs – as much as I love fall I struggle to keep my “me” time in the fall. I’ve come up with a fantastic schedule and hopefully my tips will help you do the same thing. What do I do? Well, keep reading but I can tell you that Tea Time is a Huge part of it!!!
Bigelow Tea gives me my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but oh well maybe I am dramatic. I use my tea time as MY TIME. Like sacred my time. It’s a must with the crazy fall life we have going on. Don’t get me wrong – fall is my FAVORITE (ok right behind Christmas). I love love love all things fall – but it does take some adjusting in the fall right? Busy new school/sports/clubs schedules – you HAVE to take time for yourself. I’m going to show you how an amazing dessert, some delish tea and a great schedule can help! PS – even if a fire isn’t your thing, drinking Bigelow Tea? It’s just a perfect thing to do especially in the fall (I drink it year round but… in the fall? it just feels that much more cozy!).
^pssstttt! Want to have Tea Time like me??? You know you do – click on the image above and shop for the teas that I adore!
The first thing I do once we are officially back in school is to make a very basic schedule. It isn’t rocket science. BUT I will say if there is a schedule I do my best to stick to it. I have something to show my kids – no this isn’t your time it’s homework time or it’s dinner or it’s whatever. It’s so simple to get that basic schedule down. I have one for club days and one for non club days. It changes but not so major. There is mom time (which is Tea Time) on every day. It’s important!
I feel, especially as a mom of 3 active, loud and crazy boys, that I DESERVE my time. This is the key to everything. You have to know that you deserve the time. This is the main part of what I’m trying to tell you. Having a cup of Bigelow Tea each and every day not only tastes delicious (I mean you guys it’s my fav!), but it gives you time to breath. Drink Bigelow Tea while reading your book, while watching your favorite show, or like me have some while you are eating an amazing dessert while sitting by your own bonfire! I do Tea Time Proudly with my Bigelow Tea!
Here’s what you really need to do in order to have an enjoyable Tea Time like I do (it’s easy you guys)
- Set a schedule that includes your ME (Tea) time
- Live by that schedule everyday
- NO MOM GUILT
- Head to Walmart and pick up your favorite flavor of Bigelow Tea (I LOVE the Cinnamon Stick – it’s my favorite)
- Make my amazing Instapot Apple Crisp (it takes 8 minutes to cook)
Before I give you my delish recipe – I just need to know what’s your Favorite Bigelow Tea? What do you do to have Bigelow Tea time??? I need more ideas – eventually it’s going to be too cold to sit outside next to my fire! 🙂
- 5 large apples, sliced (peel if desired)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, sliced
- 1/4 cup oats
- Combine inside the Instapot the following: sliced apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar and lemon juice, stir ingredients to combine.
- In small bowl combine: flour, salt, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, salt & ground cinnamon. Cut in cold butter with 2 knives or pasty blender. When pea sized pieces have formed stir in oats.
- Dump flour/oat mixture on top of apple mixture in Instapot
- Place the lid on your Instapot and set it to Pressure Cooker timing 8 minutes
- After the 8 minutes is up, let the Instapot natural release for about 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes remove the lid and let sit for 15 minutes (this will guarantee a crispy topping)