Make some Jingle Balls No Bake Sugar Cookie Balls for your holiday parties. Christmas is a time for yummy treats, great for cookie trays & exchanges.
Jingle Balls ~ No Bake Sugar Cookie Balls
Yup! It’s that time of year! Time to start gathering recipes and getting ready to impress your family with your new baking (or NO-BAKE) treats!
I think that we are ALL busy enough during the holidays so if you can find a simple, yummy treat to whip up? It’s then the perfect recipe. Jingle Balls (No Bake Sugar Cookie Balls) are just that.
The beauty of these treats is that they don’t take long, they don’t have a HUGE list of ingredients. The bottom line, they are just delish and really fun to eat!
My kids really enjoyed helping me make the No Bake Sugar Cookie Balls. They also really enjoyed naming them Jingle Balls and proceeded to sing around the house “Jingle Balls” to the tune of Jingle BELLS – you knew that was coming didn’t you?
The above picture is the real color of the No Bake Sugar Cookie Balls. I made them red and green because I think that’s what Jingle Balls should be!
NOTE: I used Red Gel Dye for the red – because red is such a hard color to make and I didn’t want to have to add the whole bottle of liquid. It worked well. I used Green Liquid Dye because I really wanted to test and see if it made a difference in the dough – it didn’t so use whatever you’d like 🙂
Another side note to share: No Bake Sugar Cookie Balls rolled just fine for me, but they were what I would refer to as a bit soft (they rolled so they weren’t that mushy). When I make them again (oh yes I am making them again) I will probably refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before rolling to get them a perfectly round shape.
Once these were made I refrigerated them and that’s when they were the most delish. So make sure to store these in the fridge!
Want to make some other fun and yummy treats for Old St. Nick?
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 and 2/3 cup white flour
- Beat together slightly softened butter (Do NOT melt) with the white sugar until well combined
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extract. HINT the Sugar Cookie Flavor comes from this combo of flavors. So don't mess with it!
- Beat in the flour until well combined with the other ingredients.
- HINT Add Flour 1/2 C at a time (roughly) to ensure not making the cookies to dry. If you feel they are too "wet" then add more by the tablespoon!
- To ensure rolling perfect balls optional to refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling.
- OPTIONAL Split dough into equal parts and add food coloring
- Also may roll in sprinkles, sugar or any other topping