Snowballs No Bake Truffles are such a fun and cute treat! The kids can help make them AND eat them!
You know, I love a great no bake ball or truffle. I love making them and my kids LOVE eating them. So to come up with something new I thought about it – one of my sons favorite desserts always includes some sort of coconut…that got my wheels going! Snowballs No Bake Truffles came from him and these are his NEW FAVORITE. I can’t blame him, they are amazing!!
How do you make no bake balls easy? Let me give you a few tips:
- Wax paper always makes clean up a breeze. When I make the balls I immediately place them on wax covered cookie sheets!
- Freezing or refrigerating dough – this isn’t really optional. You need that dough cold or making balls is well…not easy.
- Picking a fun color. I guess this isn’t necessary – but it’s fun. This batch I made these blue for fun, but they could have been any color.
I believe that for any party, the dessert table should have some good nibbling food. Maybe I don’t always need a big piece of cake, but I do love a little sweet bite. Snowballs No Bake Truffles are perfect for this. You can pop a truffle in your mouth and keep moving. It’s a great party dessert. ALSO don’t forget these are great for a class party! Kids LOVE them.
Need a few more suggestions for easy, no bake desserts? I have them for you!
What do you put on your Dessert Table? I like to mix it up; some no bake balls, a pie or two, a few choices of a really yummy candy. The holidays should just always have a great assortment of amazing food – including desserts.
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut extract
- 1 and 2/3 cup white flour
- Optional sweetened coconut
- Beat together slightly softened butter (Do NOT melt) with the white sugar until well combined
- Beat in the coconut extract.
- Beat in the flour until well combined with the other ingredients.
- HINT Add Flour 1/2 C at a time (roughly) to ensure not making the cookies to dry. If you feel they are too "wet" then add more by the tablespoon!
- To ensure rolling perfect balls optional to refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling.
- OPTIONAL Add food coloring
- OPTIONAL Roll in Sweetened Coconut