Blue Cheese Bacon Buffalo Bread
Picking kind of food is one of my favorite things. I love snacky appetizers. We have them for dinner almost once a week. It’s just more fun!
I made a Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread a while ago, and this Blue Cheese Bacon Buffalo Bread was born out of that. I knew I could make tons of different flavors (and it’s so simple) out of pull-apart bread.
Minimal work, amazing taste. You know that’s how I like my food. I don’t believe you should have to spend hours in the kitchen to have good eats.
This bread took me about 10 minutes (? maybe 15?) anyways not long to put together. My husband and I just wanted a cocktail and a snack. Nothing fancy, nothing that would require me to work – by Friday night?
I don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen. I want to put my feet up and enjoy this.
I wanted to preview this recipe because Football Season is upon us. I love football watching with friends. I love having people over to see the game – it’s just my time of year.
BUT in all honesty – this bread is perfect for everything. Buffalo and Bacon never go out of season, do they? I could eat them every day (maybe that’s my next diet?).
As said – one of the things I love is that it’s easy and packs a punch of flavor. I am happy to make easy, tasty apps like this any day of the week and truly need no reason.
I just like having a pocketful of these types of recipes. What will you serve Blue Cheese Bacon Buffalo Bread for?
Here’s a link to the Bacon Ranch Bread that I had previously made – you’ll want to make this one up too!
Other fun Apps?
- 1 Round/Oval loaf of fresh bread (I used a sour dough - highly recommend)
- 4 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 2-3 T Buffalo or Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slice bread into 1 inch squares without going all the way through the bread (I left maybe an inch to an inch and 1/2 to the bottom)
- Sprinkle the cheddar & Blue Cheese in cuts (I did blue cheese going 1 way and cheddar going the opposite)
- Place 3/4 of crumbled bacon into cuts
- Mix melted butter and buffalo sauce and pour on top of the cheese (get it into the slices)
- Top with remaining crumbled bacon (and extra blue cheese if desired)
- Cover completely with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until all the cheese is melted