I feel like a broken record by telling you I love dips. I think I’ve said no less than 49 times on this blog, but here’s 50 – I LOVE DIPS! I love them for snacks, I love having them for dinner, I love having them out on the table for any get-together or happy hour. They are so easy to make (at least this one is) and it has so much flavor – Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip is exactly what you need to make.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip isn’t exactly like having a Jalapeno Popper, it’s got a few extra ingredients (which makes it double awesome). Dips LOVE bacon (almost as much as I love dips) and I had to add some caramelized onions too. The flavor in Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip is just so yummy. I can’t get enough of it right now!
Just as a quick side note: Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip is a bit thicker than my normal slow cooker dips. I loved it, but if you want it thinner I think adding a bit more Velveeta would work out just fine. I wanted the Cream Cheese to be the main “cheese” and just used the Velveeta to hold it together and make it a bit creamier – but I don’t think you’d lose any awesome flavor by adding a bit more. And the same goes for spice – I wanted to have a great jalapeno flavor without burning anyone’s mouth – but if you want it hotter – by all means, add more jalapenos! YUM!!!!
Serve it with crackers, tortilla chips, pretzel sticks…anything you would dip with is perfect! You’re going to wow anyone who tastes your Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip because it’s just that good.
Want some more awesome dip ideas? Check out:
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, cubed
- 4 oz Velveeta, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped and caramelized
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 C pickled jalapenos, chopped
- While you are cooking the bacon and onions, place cheeses and peppers into slow cooker and turn on low
- Add in cooked and crumbled bacon and caramelized onions
- Let cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally
- Serve out of slow cooker on warm