Need a yummy breakfast idea? Try these Breakfast Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies! They are like dessert for breakfast. They are nutritious and good for you too!
This is our third time participating in the Freaky Friday recipe swap, and I could not be more excited to get my turn to do it. Our previous Freaky Friday recipe swaps were the Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches and Lemon Crumb Loaf.
For those of you not aware of what the Freaky Friday recipe swap is, it is where you are assigned a blog and can pick a recipe to make from that blog. Likewise someone has been assigned our blog and they recreate a recipe that we’ve previously made. A super yummy time for all involved.
I was assigned the LeMoine Family Kitchen. Angela seriously has some yummy recipes over there. I had such a hard time picking just one! Her Dessert Nachos with Berries & Chocolate Drizzle have been added to my must make list along with her Cold Peanut Noodles. I ended up making her Breakfast Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies because we are a mess here in the morning and needed something yummy to start the day off right! They stayed moist and tasted so good. They only lasted 3 days in our house. Seriously try them.
- 1/4 c Coconut Oil (solid not liquid)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c quick cooking oats
- 3/4 c flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix the coconut oil and syrup until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined again.
- In a small bowl stir together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- With a rubber spatula gently mix in blueberries.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop out the the cookies onto prepared cookie sheet about an inch apart. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Be sure to visit all of the other amazing bloggers participating in Freaky Friday for even more deliciousness!
A Dish Of Daily Life || A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures || An Affair from the Heart || Aunt Bee’s Recipes || Belle of the Kitchen || Cooking on a Budget || Full Belly Sisters || Honey and Birch || LeMoine Family Kitchen || Pic-Nic || The Flavor Bender || The Foodie Affair || The Magical Slow Cooker || Who Needs A Cape || Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen