White Trash Holiday Snack Mix is a treat that you’ll want to make every single holiday season. With sweet, salty and chocolatey flavors, a great treat.
White Trash Holiday Snack Mix
Okay, so the phrase”white trash” normally has a not too nice connotation attached to it. Not something you wanna go around saying, or proclaiming to love necessarily.
I’m fairly certain once you’ve tried this recipe for White Trash Holiday Snack Mix you’ll be saying: “I LOVE WHITE TRASH” loud & proud!
I have no clue where the name came from, and there are a million variations out there, but this is my favorite version so here we go! Just be forewarned…this stuff is highly addictive! True story!
I first had this snack mix camping a few years ago. Right before leaving on our get-away, my friend dumped all these ingredients in a large bowl, smothered it with melted white chocolate, let it set-up & VOILA!
We had ourselves instant munchie food for the entire weekend. The mixture of sweet and salty combined with creamy white chocolate is so delicious, you want to stop eating…but yet you can’t.
It is now a seasonal favorite at our house, I make it multiple times during the holidays. You can adjust the size batch you’ll need, this makes “just” enough for our family to munch on for an evening.
If you are making this for a gathering, definitely double or triple the batch…this stuff goes FAST! Super FAST! My kids are already asking me when I’m going to make this for Christmas, they love it.
Other holiday treats that are seriously yummy:
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup pretzels, broken
- 1 cup Fritos
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup M&M's candy
- 2 cubes Almond Bark, melted
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix together. Smaller heavier pieces such as M&M's and peanuts will drop to bottom. Stir in melted Almond Bark, mix together thoroughly. I wear disposable gloves so I can really get everything coated and mixed well.
- Line a baking tray with parchment or waxed paper, spread mixture out evenly over paper to "dry".
- Snack mix will be "dry" in approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Store in airtight container when not serving.
And be sure to follow our “Christmas Is Coming” board on Pinterest for all sorts of Christmas yumminess!
Follow Who Needs A Cape?’s board Christmas Is Coming! on Pinterest.