This Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread will soon be a new fall favorite! Easy to make and wonderful for breakfast, snack or dessert time!
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread
One of my very favorite things to do once summer ends is start BAKING! Don’t you love starting up the oven and baking up all of your seasonal favorites? The hardest part is deciding which one to make, decisions…decisions! I love pumpkin, if you search our archived posts for PUMPKIN, you’ll find an amazing array of pumpkin recipes.
You probably have a favorite recipe in your arsenal, but I’m going to invite you to try this recipe. A couple of reasons that I particularly like this version of pumpkin bread are that I love a good streusel topping, it just adds another layer of flavors & a tiny bit of sweet. The next reason is that this recipe only calls for 2 eggs.
Eggs are not my favorite food, like far, far from it and I have issues using 4 eggs in a loaf of pumpkin bread, so this one bakes up beautifully with only 2…score. 🙂 Serve alongside a steaming mug of hot apple cider or and you’ll have a delicious fall treat.
Other wonderful pumpkin recipes:
Amaretto Apple Cider Cocktail | Who Needs A Cape?
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread | Lovefoodies
Salted Caramel Apple Pizza | Snacks and Sips
Leaves are falling, autumn is calling!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3 T butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using electric mixer, beat together sugar and oil, add eggs in one at a time. Continue beating until light and fluffy. Mix in pumpkin until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mix to combine. Pour into greased loaf pan.
- In separate bowl using pastry cutter, cut butter into dry streusel ingredients until pea sized pieces have formed.
- Sprinkle over top of pumpkin mixture. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
Recipe adapted from: Pumpkin Bread