This slow cooker Honey Citrus Pork Loin is a mouth-watering and delicious way to prepare a pork loin. Great for any holiday and family gathering.
I told you I was crazy for honey right now, didn’t I? Well my obsession has not dwindled. In fact I think I just need to get my own bee colony and become a honey farmer. I am only half joking …….. I had planned on making this pork loin just like one I had pinned on Pinterest which was stuffed with apple slices. But when it came time to cook it …… I just wasn’t in an apple mood. I started looking through the fridge and cupboards trying to come up with an alternative. We had one navel orange and the honey was calling my name.
So I winged it and came up with Honey Citrus Pork Loin. I love when adventures have yummy endings. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Some tasty side dishes:
- 1 4-5 lb pork loin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T honey
- 1 t Thyme, dried
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork loin in slow cooker, with large fork poke holes all over top.
- In small bowl combine: orange juice, brown sugar, honey, Thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over pork loin.
- Put lid on and cook on low 6 hours.
- Remove pork loin and allow to rest on platter 5 minutes prior to serving.
- If desired spoon sauce over sliced pork loin.
To oven roast: Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork loin in baking dish. In small bowl combine: orange juice, brown sugar, honey, Thyme, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2-2.5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 145° degrees. Allow pork loin to rest 5 minutes prior to slicing. If desired spoon sauce over sliced pork loin.