Bite-Sized Mini Cherry Pies what could be more delish? Easy to prepare, fun to eat and it’ll satisfy your sweet tooth too!
Isn’t bite-sized food always just a little bit more fun to eat? Whether it be fancy appetizers or desserts, something that comes in miniature form and tastes delicious isn’t bad in my book!
I had a package of refrigerated pie crusts staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge, luckily I also had a sweet-tooth one day & poof…along came Bite-Sized Mini Cherry Pies! Easy to prepare, fun to eat and it’ll satisfy your sweet tooth too! Trust me you’ll feel as if you’re indulging, but really it’s only a couple of bites-unless you can’t resist & have another!
Whip up some Homemade Whipped Cream or serve along with some ice cream, and enjoy!
Other great cherry desserts:
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1 15 oz package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling (you will only use about 1/2 of this)
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1/2 t granulated sugar (I used cinnamon sugar on mine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare mini-muffin pan by spraying cavities with non-stick cooking spray.
- On cutting board, roll out pie crust. With small round (I had flower shaped) cookie cutters cut dough into circles. Depending on size of your cutter, you will wind up with approximately 16-18 crusts.
- Place crusts gently into mini-muffin pan. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cherry pie filling or approximately 3 cherries into each crust.
- If you have left over pie crust, you may cut strips for lattice or use a smaller cookie cutter to make a small top "crust" for your mini pie. Place dough on top of cherries.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, Remove from oven & brush top crust with melted butter, then sprinkle with a tiny pinch of sugar. Place back into oven for approximately 5 minutes, watch carefully so edges don't start to burn.
- Cool thoroughly before serving.