Caper Lemon Deviled Eggs are a tasty appetizer that will WOW your guests! Perfect for holiday celebrations, you’ll love the twist on this classic appetizer.
Caper Lemon Deviled Eggs
I don’t know why I haven’t tried more recipes with capers because I’ve always had an affinity for them, so I decided to try a classic combination. There were so many choices for recipes to try, but I settled on an old favorite.
We LOVE deviled eggs in our house and last year I shared one of our favorites, these Deviled Eggs with Candied Bacon. This year I found a new favorite. These deviled eggs are great for brunch, as an appetizer, or as a party food. When I first tried the recipe the flavors were a bit overpowering, so I modified the original to our liking.
If you are wondering what other fancy toppings to put onto deviled eggs, here are some ideas:
- Bacon, Blue Cheese & Chives
- Paprika, Radish, & Chives
- Feta, Lemon & Oregano
- Sriracha, Black Sesame Seeds & Cilantro
Other great appetizer ideas:
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 T mayonnaise
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- 2 T minced fresh chives
- 2 t finely minced shallots
- 1 1/2 T coarsely chopped capers (I didn't rinse and dry mine, but you may prefer to)
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl. Set aside the whites to be filled later.
- Add the mustard, mayonnaise, pepper, chives (leave just a few to garnish with), shallots, capers and lemon zest to the yolks. Mash together with a fork until the yolk mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful of the yolk mixture into each egg-white half, mounding it slightly.
- Cover and chill for an hour and serve within 4 hours.