Need a REAL cocktail? Here ya go…the In & Out Classic Dirty Martini is the real deal. A Happy Hour classic you can make at home.
This drink is not for the faint of heart! If you want a martini for a martini novice – try out the Key Lime Martini or Cherrynog Tini! This drink is a vodka drinkers drink. And it’s a sipper – gulp at your own risk!
I used Mario Olives for this – maybe the first time I tried them? I have to say I highly recommend them – especially for this cocktail! They were crisp – not mushy like some olives get. They were perfect for absorbing some of that vodka flavor! Check them out in your grocery store and if you can’t find them you can always order on Amazon (LOVE THEM).
So onto the martini – the only thing NOT classic about this is the in and out part. I don’t get adding vermouth to perfectly good vodka (this is not a drink to be cheap on – use good vodka). So I decided to do the in and out. It’s a great way to order a martini out too (any good bartender will know).
- 1 chilled martini glass (put in fridge for an hour or so)
- 6 ounces of vodka (use the good stuff)
- 1-2 ounces of Mario Olive Juice
- 3 Mario Olives
- Using your martini shaker filled with ice, add in vodka and olive juice
- While your martini is chilling in the shaker, pour a small amount of vermouth into your chilled glass
- Swish vermouth around the glass and then dump it out
- Pour in chilled martini and garnish with olives