A healthy meal that is sure to please all of the family.
This recipe is great because if you are looking for a healthier option you can skip the tortillas, since there is the incorporation of corn as a grain… Also great served over rice or quinoa. We love serving this over avocados with a bit of cheese and a very small dollop of sour cream.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 cups cilantro
- 24 oz bag of frozen corn (can be less depending on preference)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t chipotle powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- IF FREEZING:
- *1/2 c water or chicken broth for freezer meal.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add all ingredients, stir.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. At end of cooking time, shred chicken with 2 forks. Serve with warm tortillas, rice or corn chips. Top with sour cream, guacamole, and/or cheese
If making for freezer meals, split everything evenly into two large freezer bags.
Close bags, label and give a good shake to get everything mixed. Freeze. Place freezer bag into refrigerator night prior to slow cooking. Dump contents into slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.