We’re getting to that time of year where we have to start thinking about filling lunch boxes (and yes I know some of you have already started!) I try to have a few things stashed in my freezer ready for lunches that are on the healthier side and these Blended Berry Muffins are one of them!
Their color is definitely a berry color – but who cares? Kids love funky colored foods. The taste (and smell) is amazingly delish! You’re going to need to make them.
I adapted these muffins from Skinny Taste – my kids wouldn’t quite eat their version so I made it a little bit different. Hope you enjoy!
ps – if you have any left over puree (I had a tiny bit) discard or use it to make a smoothie!
If you love having muffins in the house check out these other favorite snacks!
- 1 1/2 cups of Blueberry Strawberry Puree ( 1 C of each berry blended should do the trick)
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325
- Spray or use liners in muffin tins
- Mix together puree, sugar, egg, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients into wet and blend
- Pour into muffin tins (about 1/2 way full)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm
- If freezing allow to completely cool and then put each muffin into a ziplock back and freeze