These Easter Peanut Butter Cheerio Cups are a fun and tasty holiday treat. Easy to prepare, let the kids get in there and help too, they’ll love these.
Easter is such a great time to make sweet treats! I love it. And my boys love anything that’s crazy – mom you put candy on a dessert? They are sold! Ok my husband gobbled these up as well…ok and me too! They were delicious and I loved them. They were so cute on our Easter Dinner Table as the start dessert.
Peanut Butter and Honey Cheerio bars are an easy favorite treat here. I took them and made them into “cups” or “baskets” to make a playful Easter treat. If you don’t feel like making the cups (honest they are easy but I get it) just make them into bars and place the chocolate and candy on top. Either way you’ll be a rock star for giving such great treats.
Another reason you’re going to love Easter Peanut Butter Cheerio Cups is that you can take them anywhere. Going to your sister’s house for an Easter Brunch? These travel great. Going on a picnic? Yup you can take them there too. Honest – you’re going to want to make these more than once so start early!
Want to make some other fun Easter Holiday Desserts? You should check out:
Tell me what one of these yummy treats you’re going to make – and you HAVE to tell me how much you love Easter Peanut Butter Cheerio Cups!
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup honey
- 1 Cup peanut butter (I use smooth)
- 6 Cups Cheerios
- Chocolate, melted
- Chocolate Candy (I used Robin's Eggs)
- Melt the sugar, honey and peanut butter until smooth and sugar dissolved
- Remove from heat and add in the Cheerios
- Stir until all Cheerios are covered completely
- Let cool a minute or two
- Spray muffin pans with no stick spray
- Place a spoonful in the bottom of each muffin
- Using your spoon or your hands place more of Cheerio mix to start building the "cups" along the sides of the tins. Continue doing this until you have enough of a cup to place chocolate in.
- Allow Cheerio mixture to cool for about 1/2 hour
- Spoon in melted chocolate into each tin
- Place candy on top of chocolate before it hardens
- Put in fridge to continue cooling for at least 1 hour
- Pop out CAREFULLY