Looking for an easy Crockpot meal that will leave you satisfied? This is a comfort food that can be assembled quickly and cooks away all day, the “dumplings” are refrigerated biscuits that get added to the Crockpot an hour before its finished cooking. An easy meal that the family will gobble up! If you are looking for more easy Slow Cooker meals, click here.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (I buy the pre-cut matchstick cut carrots)
- 4 T butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 1 T dried Rosemary
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz) can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (do not cook)
- Add one can of the Cream of Chicken soup to the bottom of your Crockpot, spread around.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the diced onions and carrots on top of the soup.
- Now layer with chicken breasts & add water.
- Spread remaining can of soup over top of chicken breasts.
- Add butter, placing chunks all over top of soup.
- Add remaining onion and carrots. Sprinkle ground pepper and Rosemary over entire top of Crockpot.
- Place lid on and cook on high for 5 hours. (This time may vary according to your Crockpot).
- Take chicken out and shred. I use my Kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook, shreds chicken in a matter of a couple minutes.
- Add shredded chicken back into Crockpot, stir.
- Stir in milk.
- Cut uncooked biscuits into 4 pieces each, add all cut pieces into Crockpot, stir well.
- Replace lid & cook 1 more hour or until center of biscuits are not raw. Serves 6.