This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Super cute and easy to make, Eye of Newt Halloween Wands are perfect for parties. Kids love them and they make a great gift too!
Eye of Newt Halloween Wands
Welcome my friends to #HalloweenTreatsWeek! This is a fantastic blogging event with sweet treats perfect for ghosts and goblins of all ages. Now along with the recipes is great giveaway, you’ll find all the details listed below, scroll down as you do not want to miss out on entering.Did you miss my other #HalloweenTreatsWeek posts? Here they are:
Now onto the deliciousness that is known as #HalloweenTreatsWeek! This week I’m debuting 3 brand spanking new Halloween themed recipes. Today allow me to introduce to you: Eye of Newt Halloween Wands.
Eye of Newt Halloween Wands will make a great addition to Halloween parties. So easy to make, get the kids involved they can definitely help make them.
Basically these are store-bought “rock candy” sticks. I found mine at a party supply store, but I’ve even seen them at dollar stores. They came in the perfect Halloween colors I was hoping for: orange, green and purple.
This type of no-nonsense EASY as can be sweet treat is perfect for last-minute entertaining. Also great for those times when you’ve forgotten you signed up to donate a treat or anytime you are short on time. Quick, easy and fun, can’t beat that!
Next, I used candy eyeballs and black decorating icing from Wilton. They sent me a fantastic box of goodies that gave me loads of Halloween inspiration. Wilton is the place to find it all, do take a look at their website they have so many great holiday products.
What items do you need to make Eye of Newt Halloween Wands?
- Rock Candy Sticks
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Wilton Black Decorating Icing
Some tips for making Eye of Newt Halloween Wands:
- Allow icing and eyeballs to dry completely before using.
- I used Pretzel Party Bags (for decorated pretzel rods). Also available from Wilton.
- They make Halloween party favors or table decor.
Simple steps to make Eye of Newt Halloween Wands:
Squeeze small dots of Wilton Black Decorating Icing randomly onto Rock Candy Sticks.
Press Wilton Candy Eyeballs into dots of icing. Allow wands to dry thoroughly. Store in an airtight container if not packaging immediately.
Now be sure to keep scrolling for a list of all of today’s yummy treats and the giveaway! You don’t wanna miss it! And, check back on Wednesday for a spooky cocktail too!
- Rock Candy Sticks
- Wilton Black Decorating Icing
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Squeeze a small amount of Wilton Black Decorating Icing onto Rock Candy Stick in random spots.
- Press Wilton Candy Eyeball into the icing.
- Allow wands to dry thoroughly.
- Store in airtight container if not packaging immediately.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.